Floating eggs

Quote:
I know it's no fun. But consider it a learning experience. Next go round you'll have a better idea of what you're seeing. Unfortunately, it's the only way to learn.

Well Mine started smelling in the bator so I threw them out. Darn...I was sure looking forward to some fuzzy butt sultans this weekend.
hit.gif

Well I finally opened up the last egg this morning and their was a fully formed chick in there that had quit. These are Auracana eggs and I know the chicks can die at the end. Sorry about your Sultans. At least I have my one little chick to make the whole hatch worth while. Did run off to the feedstore and got her a buddy. Little RIR. It's louder that the chick I hatched. Both sitting here with me. Good luck next time because we all know that their will be a next time. This is just to addictive.

2 hatched on day 26, 1 on 27 and on day 28 now and nothing from the other 11..........temp 99.7 humidity 70% help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Wow, that's a VERY late hatch! As late as day 27, you're lucky to get any chicks at all! I assume that it it IS chickens you're hatching? Not ducks? (Hey, just checking!) My advice would be to float the eggs to check for movement or tap them to listen for scratching sounds. I'm sorry, but I'd expect the rest of them to not be alive at this point. If you can stomach it, it might be worth opening the eggs to see what stage they got to...

Your temps were almost certainly too low, so for your next hatch, calibrate your thermometer and adjust your incubator temp. Most thermometers aren't very accurate...

Are your three chicks healthy?

Back
Top Bottom