Flock attacking young pullet (Photos of injury)

I ordered blukote but it won’t be here till next weekend. I also ordered This spray that’s supposed to reduce cannibalism. Anyone ever try this?
The link doesn't work, what's the spray by name? If it's pick-no-more yes it should work, however it does need to be applied frequently in order to do so.

Once you get the blukote you might want to try doing as LaFleche suggested and spraying it around so everyone has blue butts.

Both pick-no-more and blukote can stain so I highly suggest gloves and clothes you don't mind getting stuff on!

The link doesn't work, what's the spray by name? If it's pick-no-more yes it should work, however it does need to be applied frequently in order to do so.

Once you get the blukote you might want to try doing as LaFleche suggested and spraying it around so everyone has blue butts.

Both pick-no-more and blukote can stain so I highly suggest gloves and clothes you don't mind getting stuff on!
Good advice! Should have checked the link. It’s Duvet No Pick’n.

It actually turns them blue? Am I going to permanently turn my white leghorn into a blue chicken?

Also I was planning on stopping at tractor supply to get the blukote instead of waiting for Amazon. Is blukote better than the no pick stuff?

Last edited:
It actually turns them blue? Am I going to permanently turn my white leghorn into a blue chicken?
Not sure how long it lasts but my guess is the white feathers will stay stained or partially stained until they're molted? It'll fade off skin but I still would recommend gloving up. Clothes will absolutely get stained.

Pick-no-more is slightly staining as well so again, gloves are recommended. Though I find the "bad tasting" part of it only lasts for about half a day to maybe 1 day, so if it does help with this issue you will need to plan on reapplying regularly, depending on how curious the other birds are being.

Back
Top Bottom