flock blocks

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by jfoley, Sep 9, 2011.

1. jfoley

jfoley Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2011
    how many of us are useing a flock block. i just bought one to try. seems like it would be a good treat w/ lots of good stuff.[​IMG]

2. remuda1

remuda1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    Granbury, Texas
    I'm in the same boat you are, just bought one early this week. They seem to be enjoying it and I'm relieved that they didn't just scarf it. I only have 8 birds on it so it looks like it will last for a little while.

3. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

I've been useing the flock block for awhile. I thought they would just hang arond the block and eat just that. Not so! They peck at it on and off all day. I think I will be great on those cold/rainy/snowy days in the winter! I highly recommend the flock block!
    [​IMG]

4. Fldeb

Fldeb Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    Mine wouldn't eat their feed but ate only off the block. I now take it away for a few days then put it in for a day. Deb

5. CluckCluck18

CluckCluck18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Largo, FL
    My girls like it but I have to break it apart a little before they will eat it. My weimaraner LOVES it and steals it every chance she gets.[​IMG]

6. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm going to but I'll wait until it's a bit colder. We have a heated dog water bowl that quit working and it's square shaped. I'm hoping it's big enough for a flock block so I can get some more use from it as a flock block holder.

7. boogiedog

boogiedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Oakland hills, CA
    I keep two in my run, one at either end. I find that when it rains or gets wet they distinegrate - they last much longer in dry weather. Every few days I roll the block over - silly chickens think it is brand new all over again and have a ball.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by