Flock Chart in Excel

terrif

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 13, 2008
Warrensburg, MO
Hi All! I'm wondering if somebody has out there a chart they use to manage their birds that's in excel, and would be willing to share it!

Terri.

I just put a post up asking about this same thing....
gig.gif

Mybe one of us will find out...I think it would be very hard to keep track of a lot of birds without one.

I was going to make an excel doc...but I hope one is already out there.

Anyway, good luck in your search

Great minds think alike, eh??!!

Hopefully something will turn up. Surely we're not the only ones who want to do this.....
smile.png

t.

I tracked the egg weight of some bantams I raised just to see about how the egg size would change. I had been told to wait 6 weeks after they started to lay prior to breeding them to insure they had a larger, more mature egg.

I cannot seem to get anything to transfer except the data. No lines, no charts, no formula's. If you know how to transfer this info let me know.

I made one up in Excel. It has the chickens named on the left hand column. The next column says what their eggs look like. The top row is the date. In each cell I mark what time the hen laid (or when I pulled it out of the nest box- am or pm) and what nest box they laid it in. I total at the bottom of each column the daily total for all 17 and then do a weekly total for them all.
The joy of Excel is that it is an ever changing spreadsheet. As I need to keep track of something new I can change it. It has really helped me see patterns of laying.

It wasn't hard to make. Just fill in what info you want and go from there.
Good luck!

I have created a pretty elaborate one that tracks the birds, health, egg count by ea. doz., weight in oz and lbs. It also tracks your expenses verses egg output so you can see the amount of feed, etc. you put into the birds and where you are on profit/loss.

pm me if you want to take a peek at it. You of course could change it around how you want.

Back
Top Bottom