Flock Composition [Age/Gender] Poll

What is the approximate composition of your current flock(s)?

• D) I have roughly equal numbers of Adult Hens and Roosters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E) I have more Adult Roosters than Hens

• F) I have many more Adult Roosters than Hens

• G) I have only Adult Roosters

• Total voters
I currently have 13 hens (ages 10 months - 2 years) and 1 cockerel (10 months).
I optimistically answered B2 as we have 9 eggs under 2 broodies with the first group hatching on Monday🤞
I guess I can be officially B2 as the first group of 5 chicks is now a week old. The second group still looks on track to hatch next Monday.

Sorry, yes, been very busy the past week, had to step back from BYC a bit - again this week too. Thought to get more done while it was raining cats and dogs, but I lose my internet when that happens. Hopefully, the new, higher mount arriving next week will help (some) with that, but mostly, I need to have rainfall rates not exceeding one inch per hour.

I categorized my flock as B2.
19 hens & 1 rooster all over 1 year and 2 laying pullets & 1 jumping cockerel. What categorized this as a B2 and not a B1 are the 4 developing eggs under a broody. Most if not all will hatch.
As far a I'm concerned, once Mom starts setting, those eggs are inevitable future flock members.

C, 6

We have 12 adult hens and 8 boys, 5 of which are beginning to attempt mounting. Culling 3 down this week to reduce pressure. Then have to decide on who to keep for breeding to cull down to 3 or 4 boys total.

We have 21 pullet youngsters, one of which laid her first egg yesterday. Quite a few are squatting and the nesting boxes are the most frequented attraction in the coop.

And 3 baby chicks to break wannabe-mama who was broody for 5 weeks despite all interventions. She earned it 😅

Do I pick A4 maybe?

I have 7 x 16 week old pullets (I'm pretty sure now). 2 out of 7 have started laying for sure, but they are all at POL.

Back
Top Bottom