Flock Composition [Age/Gender] Poll

What is the approximate composition of your current flock(s)?

• D) I have roughly equal numbers of Adult Hens and Roosters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E) I have more Adult Roosters than Hens

• F) I have many more Adult Roosters than Hens

• G) I have only Adult Roosters

• Total voters
Do I pick A4 maybe?

I have 7 x 16 week old pullets (I'm pretty sure now). 2 out of 7 have started laying for sure, but they are all at POL.

Sounds like you are at A 4... 3... 2... 1...

Apologies, couldn't help myself. Now that we are over 50 answers, I'll do a chart when it rains this afternoon. Because of course it will rain again this afternoon. the 4"+ in the last five days clearly wasn't enough water.

I answered the way my flock usually is and will be. This month is different because I sold adult hens to buy feed and some necessities. I miss them 😭

I always have 10+ hens per rooster. I just sold 5, so I'm down to 6 laying hens instead of 11.

I currently have 5 pullets about to reach POL, and 4 young pullets about 9/10 weeks old. Everyone is integrated into the main flock and are currently co-existing.

There are also 13 eggs in my incubator. 🥴

You caught my flock at a weird time - my numbers are off from what they usually are.

I answered the way my flock usually is and will be. This month is different because I sold adult hens to buy feed and some necessities. I miss them 😭

I always have 10+ hens per rooster. I just sold 5, so I'm down to 6 laying hens instead of 11.

I currently have 5 pullets about to reach POL, and 4 young pullets about 9/10 weeks old. Everyone is integrated into the main flock and are currently co-existing.

There are also 13 eggs in my incubator. 🥴

You caught my flock at a weird time - my numbers are off from what they usually are.
It would benefit the purpose of the poll if you answered as your "normal/intended" flock, rather than the momentary abnormality. Thanks!

C1
The first year we have no chicks, because of avian influenza, and having the flock locked in from late January until mid June. Might have a broody hatch chicks later this summer. maybe.
So right now smaller than usual numbers; four roosters, and twenty-nine hens. Usually double that, with chicks growing out, and maybe up to forty over winter.
Mary

C/11-I maintain a flock of about 100 layers. I hatch replacements in the spring and fall. So that I always have hens in peak egg production. Most of which are under two years of age. I also have five flocks of bantams. Which in total contains about 80 chickens. Each consisting either a different breed or color. Which I sell hatching eggs, chicks and started pairs and trios from. Since I use clan a mating system with these. Some of these are up to six years old. I have more hens than roosters. Most of my youngsters will be sold or integrated into my existing flocks.

Because of course it will rain again this afternoon. the 4"+ in the last five days clearly wasn't enough water.

Wish you could send some of that rain up my way. My area is officially in severe drought and man oh man the heat is on. I water, water, water and it just is not the same as natural rain. Maybe I should attempt a rain dance???

Back
Top Bottom