Flock deteriorating - Need Deworming Advice

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by luvmydux, Aug 18, 2011.

1. luvmydux

luvmydux Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    So my flock eats as much as they want, have new fresh water every day. I have some ducks and chickens but my chickens have loose stools and are skinny. Does anyone have a good suggestion on deworming and doses to do so? I am very interested. I have access to most if not all medications that can be used for deworming purposes just need a practical way to deworm many birds. My chickens are having respiratory symptoms as well - chemotic and runny eyes, heavy breathing. I have not lost any due to the respiratory issues but have lost a couple for no apparent reason - I'm thinking parasites. Any help would be appreciated.

2. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    look up dawg 53 he can give you some really good advice.

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:I responded to your PM to me regarding worming.
    For your respiratory problems, I recommend that you purchase denagard from QC Supply. There isnt any resistance to it nor withdrawal period. Dosage is 16cc per gallon of water for 3 days as a treatment dose. Preventative dose is 8cc per gallon of water 3 days a month. Here's a link for you to read:
    http://www.denagard.com/pig-poultry-public/en/index.shtml

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by