Flock integration problems. Need help!

I had some bullying going on. I got some pinless peepers. Bullying stopped while wearing them. After a week I took pinless peepers off bullies 1 at a time, 1 each day, starting with lowest on pecking order. By the time I got to the last 2, they were still being mean so they wore the pinless peepers another week. They were instigators, so I did remove those 2 & set them up in a temporary cage for 2 weeks, then reintroduced them 1 at a time. No more Bullying at all by then. If anyone does act up again, I can reuse the pinless peepers, but so far so good. No one drew blood but there were feathers yanked out & the poor ones being bullied were always afraid & not able to eat like they should, so while I hated the pinless peepers idea, it was the only logical choice at the time. It did work in my case.

What my hen has on. They are a type of “blinders” so it makes it harder for the hen to see forward to peck others. They can see all around, and they adjust to see forward by turning their head.

Attachments

• 0C4CD296-267F-49E6-90C0-BA80E6910C31.jpeg
    0C4CD296-267F-49E6-90C0-BA80E6910C31.jpeg
    642.4 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom