Flock integration question

Where exactly are you located? Climate has a lot to do with things. Is the turquoise coop in the pics your new coop? If at all possible, I would section off an area inside the coop for the littles. @azygous has a great article about integration. This is my integration/ broody/ isolation area https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/change-of-plans.1454019/post-25352513

Where are all the littles right now?
I am located in Middle Tennessee. They are in dog crates inside my house right now. Yes the turquoise coop is my new coop.

The black ones (are separatists apparently, :idunno) are in a prefab coop from TSC and the other two are in a smaller homemade coop but they all share a runabout 13x16.
When you get the new coop you could put the little littles in a sectioned off part of the coop or just use the dog crate, and maybe put the bigger littles in the small homemade coop inside your run and section off part of the run, that way everyone sees everyone and has a chance to get acquainted. You could even take the the little littles into the run in their crate. When you get your new coop you'll be able to look at everything and decide what you think will work best for your situation. The good thing is that your new coop will be new to even the bigs, so they won't be focusing as much on the littles as they normally would.

Back
Top Bottom