Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 new (4 total)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NZDuckNewbies

In the Brooder
Jan 17, 2016
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Due to the sad circumstances in a previous thread, we were reduced to a single duck at our house. We have opted to - due to not being concerned with eggs etc - go for adding a drake, or drakes as company after hearing that they can actually do well together.

We were originally thinking of getting a single drake to befriend our current one, but there is opportunity to have more, but we don't want them pairing off and leaving anyone out, and with the new one(s) being from the same brood, they may even exclude our drake if we got 3 extras.

Would we be better off just getting one drake in this instance? We don't want our drake getting rejected or remaining lonely. It's a sad sight, and despite the fact that he can be annoying... and a bit of a douche, I want him to be a happy and well loved douche.

Any input would be appreciated (we are heading off to get the new one(s) in a couple of hours.... and a thunderstorm has just started - gotta love a kiwi summer.

*update* we bought one.....while we were there the seller mentioned he had a female khaki Campbell crossed with Indian runner...... We took her instead, she is a pretty little thing, we think Milo is happy to have her around.
I will have to post a pic of the two of them.

Back
Top Bottom