Flock Raiser price drop?

Sometimes it seems price increases are personal.
We were buying Blue Buffalo for our dogs and tried a new cheaper brand with close to same nutritional stats, dogs loved it. Now a month later it’s almost the same price as BB.
Our preferred Coffee creamer was 1.58 last year, now it’s almost 3$.
Seems that when we find a good product, they either raise the price or discontinue it.
We went to a local feed store to get scratch grains and oats for the chickens and donkeys since the price was 15-17$ a bag. Now , a year later, the price is as much as TSC , which is closer to the house, so back to TSC it is.

Last purchase was about 2 weeks ago. Flock Raiser was $27. I usually get 2 bags. This time I went with 1 FR and 1 Nutrena All Flock Crumble. Nutrena is a 40 lb bag, but the cost per pound was less than the FR. I'm currently mixing the two 50/50. I did notice the Nutrena seems to be more powdery than the Flock Raiser is. That could be due to shipping/handling though.

1695999877186.png

Weird how they come up with their pricing structure. For me the pellets would be $1.50 more than the crumbles.
Must be a California thing. Maybe the plant that makes the pelleted version is closer to California than the crumbles so transport costs are lower????

Back
Top Bottom