FLOCK SELL OUT!!!! Lost my battle with zoning and all must go. Including Self Blues and Porcelains

ever time I stumble on this thread

it makes me cry

such a sad day

hope you decide on more chickens in the future

even if it means moving

I know I would

Thank you but I am out for good. I am just devestated. Keep me in your prayers. the paints, some buff and my lavs and a few splash left yestereday and I am still in tears.

This whole thing makes me mad, I just don't understand people so they move in and decided they don't like something make a stink and this happens you need to write the editor of your paper. It's a shame. Not that awful long ago everyone had chickens running around in their yard. My dad had them in his in LA county neighborhood, in the eighties. My your mean neighbor will move and you will be able to get some more.

Kimmie

This whole thing makes me mad, I just don't understand people so they move in and decided they don't like something make a stink and this happens you need to write the editor of your paper. It's a shame. Not that awful long ago everyone had chickens running around in their yard. My dad had them in his in LA county neighborhood, in the eighties. My your mean neighbor will move and you will be able to get some more.

Kimmie

I agree

this could have been disputed

OP has had chicken for many many many years and the new neighbour should have been asked to come to a compromise as the OP should have gotten priority being a longer resident and keeper, where all the others in the community where fine with it.

It happened to me a few months ago, I had the Environmental officers parked outside my house. I knew what it was about so decided to take a stroll out there casually and say hi

as I was talking not mentioning chicken the officer said yeah we had a complaint about a rooster crowing, I laughed and said yeah they are mine. the officer was a little stunned that I owned up to it so easily

as we talked I explain last year I had a letter and that the case was closed in my favour, the officer said well I must admit since I been here I haven't heard him, I explained my Roos are good lads and only crow when they have to not all the time and at odd hours. he then asked since you last had the issue have you changed anything. I said well the only thing I changed is reduced the amount of Roosters I have so if it was BAD then its should be better now a not as many roosters crowing and even then I controlled it well that the case was closed

The officers said ok thanks and drove off and its been 3 months and not heard from them since.

so basically as I had them before and it was fine for so many years and then all of a sudden a complaint it made the officer think is this actually a rooster issue or just a anal neighbour being a *!+?*!

From what I have read it sounded like they did dispute this. Some of these cities are really stupid when it comes to poultry. We live by Lexington KY. There you can have chickens, even roosters, as long as a HOA does not have rules against it. We used to live in Georgetown, about 15 minutes away and much more rural and a small town. A town were 10 years ago there were chickens running around city side streets. Well they have a NO poultry rule. And they are not nice about it. I had mine there because nobody ratted on me and was told (by animal control) that as long as I had hens and no one complained I should be okay. But then I lived in a flood plain, backed up to the Elkhorn and I-75 and was like a ghetto (seriously bad neighborhood) so people left me alone. But others who have had neighbors complain have been forced to get rid of their animals. One lady had hers on Craigs List. Said she had them for years but lost her fight with code enforcement. Really stinks. But your neighbor can have 30 plus cats, breeding on the roof of your car, yowling all night long, destroying your flower beds with urine and feces, spraying your front entryway and in general making life miserable and the city will do NOTHING. I know as my neighbor when there had those cats. They were all over, on her house roof, on the porch in the road, etc. And so many litters of kittens each year. I complained to the city, animal control and the humane society. I was told there is no rules on feral cats and that I could give her a voucher for spay and neuter at reduced prices. What a joke. Same with barking dogs. But chickens, they are somehow worse. I just don't understand.

This thread just makes me really sad. 28 years is a long time to invest in something and have it ripped out from you. It all seems so unfair.

From what I have read it sounded like they did dispute this. Some of these cities are really stupid when it comes to poultry. We live by Lexington KY. There you can have chickens, even roosters, as long as a HOA does not have rules against it. We used to live in Georgetown, about 15 minutes away and much more rural and a small town. A town were 10 years ago there were chickens running around city side streets. Well they have a NO poultry rule. And they are not nice about it. I had mine there because nobody ratted on me and was told (by animal control) that as long as I had hens and no one complained I should be okay. But then I lived in a flood plain, backed up to the Elkhorn and I-75 and was like a ghetto (seriously bad neighborhood) so people left me alone. But others who have had neighbors complain have been forced to get rid of their animals. One lady had hers on Craigs List. Said she had them for years but lost her fight with code enforcement. Really stinks. But your neighbor can have 30 plus cats, breeding on the roof of your car, yowling all night long, destroying your flower beds with urine and feces, spraying your front entryway and in general making life miserable and the city will do NOTHING. I know as my neighbor when there had those cats. They were all over, on her house roof, on the porch in the road, etc. And so many litters of kittens each year. I complained to the city, animal control and the humane society. I was told there is no rules on feral cats and that I could give her a voucher for spay and neuter at reduced prices. What a joke. Same with barking dogs. But chickens, they are somehow worse. I just don't understand.

This thread just makes me really sad. 28 years is a long time to invest in something and have it ripped out from you. It all seems so unfair.

YES its UNFAIR

same issue with me my neighbours cat ripped my ducks heads off at night and I was told they have roaming rights so nothing can be done

and pigeons that are worse than rats for disease are allowed to sit on rooftops all day long and nothing I have loads of them on the roof of my neighbours house not his but a few houses down and nothing can be done about them

I hate unfair rules

yes i did fight to no avail. I am so lost and hurt and angry. thanks for all your support.

My chicks arrived today and I am thrilled with them! These have to be some of tne nicest silkies I have seen and I am so glad to be able to give them a home. Having had a similar situation with a particularly nasty individual we decided to pack up and move when she started to sprinkle poisen on our fenceline. I had to quickly give away many of my birds and it was devastating. It always seems to be the new people moving into an established area that cause the problems, I just don't get it! I would think 28 yrs with no problems or complaints should count for something. I hope things settle down for you soon cj. I will post pics of you're babies so you can see how they turn out!

thank you so miuch for letting me know. Last night was the first night that after work I had no feathered kids to take care of. Was very very hard. I have one pair of madarin ducks I got to keep so at least they help with the pain. Thanks so much for taking my feathered kids and giving them a great life as they truley deserve it. Please let byc members know you got some amazing flock from me so I got out on a good note please. They meant so much to me. I will be here so please send pics once in a while. Since I have the ducks I will stay on byc since I won't feel so out of place. Thanks again. Hugs to you cj.

Back
Top Bottom