Flock won’t go in the coop at night

That’s what I’d like to do, just let them be. They used to roost in the coop no problem until they figured it was higher and more fun to be in the run.
This is my first bantam flock and wasn’t sure if they are more fragile than standards. I think I’ll just leave them and see how it goes...just don’t want to have to deal with frostbite. Predators won’t be an issue this run is very secure.
Thank you!!!
Frostbite comes from humidity and poor ventilation in a coop.... if its dry where they are, they will be fine. But, I'm PRETTY sure when that wind kicks up, they will want to be out of it.
Now... hypothermia is another issue. THEY NEED to stay as dry as possible!

Frostbite comes from humidity and poor ventilation in a coop.... if its dry where they are, they will be fine. But, I'm PRETTY sure when that wind kicks up, they will want to be out of it.
Now... hypothermia is another issue. THEY NEED to stay as dry as possible!
I think they will probably figure out they need to go in. When the lawn gets mowed they all run into the coop until the coast is clear.
The run stays dry all winter so that won’t be an issue. Really appreciate the feedback!

Something that helped me a lot is putting them into my coop physically at dusk then locking them inside with a board blocking the entrance. It took them a few days to learn but that helped a lot

Back
Top Bottom