Flooding, thunder, lightning, lost power, hail, pouring rain! ARRGHHH!

Quote:
Yeah, we live in the foothills of the Northern Cascades...we're about 2500' elevation. We have a 5,000' or mountains all around us. Our summers are usually HOT, HOT and DRY, DRY!
smile.png
Sometimes, we have 90+ degree heat in May--sometimes snow in mid-June. For the most part, summer is 95+ degree heat for weeks on end. The first frost is usually mid to late September with snow that sticks & stays until April or so by Halloween every year. There has been one exception since I've lived here (I moved here in 2005) and that was a few years ago, it did not snow until December 11th and we didn't get much snow the rest of the winter...but we did have record lows in the -20s or so for more than 2 straight weeks (too cold to snow). I lost 11 birds that winter. Now that my coop is insulated/heated I feel better about cold..but now I'm worried about the first summer in my new coop....I moved the largest/fluffiest birds to the northern pens where the coop itself will shade them most of the day...so we'll see...oh and I planted lots of shade trees around it, too....fast-growing ones.

That is some wild weather!
ep.gif

We can have crazy weather here.. (sometimes 40 at night and 80 the next day in the early/mid spring...) but nothing like you...
I still would love to live there though.. its truly beautiful!
love.gif

"I'm hoping that sooner rather than later--we'll have some weather more like late spring than MARCH! LOL I'm ready for warmer weather!"

Ditto from Spokane!!!! I'm not a "liquid sunshine is wonderful" person. It's depressing and this has been dragging on for WEEKS!! It's time for summer.
fl.gif

(Sorry about the quote. It did NOT want to work this morning!!)

Quote:
WOW. My dad said it has been really nasty and uncommonly wet weather over there. He wasn't exaggerating!! Hang onto your rainboots...jeeze!

Hi Rare Feather, I know exactly where you are. I am so sorry about the loss of the old log school house last summer. The flooding up there is crazy. I happen to be up Salmon Creek today...the creek is really roaring. I went up to Conconully to see the lake....the lower lake is FULL. Can you believe it? Well, yes you can cuz our weather has been so crazy. I have not see the lake that full in years. I hope that all your baby ducks fared well.

Back
Top Bottom