Flooding, thunder, lightning, lost power, hail, pouring rain! ARRGHHH!

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
My hubby & I were out working on my new garden area (which will also be the location for my new bantam coops unbeknown to him!)
big_smile.png

DSCN4272.jpg

Anyway....here are our supervisors:
CopyofDSCN4273.jpg

DSCN4274.jpg

You can see the weather coming in....
DSCN4270.jpg

DSCN4271.jpg

DSCN4268.jpg

DSCN4267.jpg

We heard a HUGE thunder....then nothing. We kept working and then it started to lightning & thunder--and POUR down rain! Next came the hail and about 2 minutes after the hail started, we lost power. Of course, my white (with blue eyes, 2nd attempt) Muscovy eggs are due tomorrow! So I was --->
barnie.gif
The power was out for three hours total...the incubator temp. started to plummet so I panicked and I took the eggs out & slipped them under Mrs. Duck-Duck who has been sitting for four days...I have another younger duck who just started sitting today, so I switched their eggs out....I hope these hatch....
A quick picture of my "sniper tower" coop--well, I'm hoping it will be a coop sooner than later! I just need to put a roof on it & OSB the sides--any volunteers???
DSCN4269.jpg

So after about two hours...hubby & I decide to go on a drive....here's down by the horse barn/tack shed:
DSCN4276.jpg

Down the road about 1/8 of a mile from our house:
DSCN4277.jpg

Down the road about 1/4 of a mile--the entire left shoulder is gone!
DSCN4278.jpg

I'm hoping that sooner rather than later--we'll have some weather more like late spring than MARCH! LOL I'm ready for warmer weather!

Last edited:
Can i come live with you.... I'll be good and ..and..and... pleeeeease?
Beautiful land!!!!
th.gif

Quote:
Do you build coops?
lau.gif

I'll bring my hubby...
big_smile.png

Does he work for beer? LOL Or how about rare hatching eggs?
wink.png
If so--there's a house for sale right up the road from us...it's two a creek, two ponds, a barn or two, 10+ acres...solar power...I scoped it out & there is definite chicken/waterfowl raising potential there!

Quote:
I'll bring my hubby...
big_smile.png

wink.png
If so--there's a house for sale right up the road from us...it's two a creek, two ponds, a barn or two, 10+ acres...solar power...I scoped it out & there is definite chicken/waterfowl raising potential there!

Nah...hes not a drinker..(punk)...lol...
he'll just do it cause i say so...
lol.png

ooh... a creek and 2 ponds?? I would be in HEAVEN!
hit.gif

Yes, that IS SNOW on Fox Mountain behind us...

These were taken in early April when we had SNOW....the sky looked very similar...but today, it was 74 before the storm and then it dropped to the mid-50s after the thunder/lightning had passed...now it's probably below 40 out.

4-5-10_scenery3.jpg

4-5-10_scenery2.jpg

4-5-10_scenery.jpg

4-5-10_scenery4.jpg

4-5-10_schoolhouse.jpg

4-5-10_schoolhouse2.jpg

4-5-10_schoolhouse3.jpg

Last edited:
Love it! its so pretty with the hills!
love.gif

I think that you guys stay colder then even us up here in New England... wow...
Whats your summers like? How long till frost/fall?

Quote:
wink.png

Nah...hes not a drinker..(punk)...lol...
he'll just do it cause i say so...
lol.png

ooh... a creek and 2 ponds?? I would be in HEAVEN!
hit.gif

LOL yeah...it's a kind of cool house....

Back
Top Bottom