Floor dry

Telwood

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2020
So I found a bag of floor dry at a city liquidation centre for 5 clucks so I bought 1. It says it’s DE on the bag but I’ve never used it before do you just dump the bag on the ground and mix it in?
will my stupid girls eat it and get sick?

So I found a bag of floor dry at a city liquidation centre for 5 clucks so I bought 1. It says it’s DE on the bag but I’ve never used it before do you just dump the bag on the ground and mix it in?
will my stupid girls eat it and get sick?
Is it pure DE...or are there other ingredients.

Why do you need to 'dry' your ground?
Chances are you need to do something other than dump a drying agent on the ground.

Is it pure DE...or are there other ingredients.

Why do you need to 'dry' your ground?
Chances are you need to do something other than dump a drying agent on the ground.
It’s not to dry the ground. I’ve been told this is what my girls need for the dust bath.

It’s not to dry the ground. I’ve been told this is what my girls need for the dust bath.
Oh, I'd just use plain dirt, let them dig a hole in the ground, or if it's all grass help them get one started with a shovel.

DE is not needed for dust bathing, and it's not good for them to breathe....
...especially if this bag of stuff has other things in it.

I think we sometimes get too hung up on the idea of DUST.

My chickens spent half an hour this evening wallowing in a mixture of fine sand and compost. The sand being my natural dirt and the compost being what was left under a small brush pile after we moved said brush.

Back
Top Bottom