Floor slanted??

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
We have been looking for a place on our new farm to put my chicken coop.. We keep going back and forth about where to put it, if we should build a coop or buy a building and just doing a really good run around it.. Well, We have a "building" (I use that loosely) that is a metal roof (great condition) being held up by 4x4 in good shape, on a 6" cement slab. There are no walls! It's about 100ft from the house, about 25 ft from our smallest garden spot... It has trees on two sides-for our hot summer sun... The only thing I can see that might cause a problem is the floor is slanted front to back.. I don't really think it would matter because I use the deep litter method, yr round.. I could just pile for shavings to the back.. It was used to house feeder pigs about 30yrs ago.. That's why it is slanted==easy wash down..

Do you see any problem w/ a slanted floor? I just think, I can have a coop twice as large as I have now, for a few 2x4's, windows, a door (which we have on hand) and we would need to buy siding... What do you think??? Thanks

Perfect!
thumbsup.gif

My dear husband built me a beautiful coop that is not 100% level. Seems to be fine. I don't think chickens will care.

I use hanging feeders and the nest boxes are attached to the wall so a slanted floor would not matter. The waterer might be a little tricky and that is if you decide to put the waterers in the coop - even if you put the waterer in the coop you could level it up with a board or two. I'd say the slanted floor would not be an issue at all. In fact I'd say it might be better since you could easily hose it down once or twice a year!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom