Flooring for my Chicken Coop

Jazzmin

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2018
Iowa
I am re-doing the floor in my existing coop and here is what i"m thinking:
over the existing tongue and groove floor I plan on putting down 1/2" hardware cloth to keep rodent out. On top of that I will place 2" Insulfoam foam board insulation and top it with tongue and groove sub floor. I was going to place vinyl linoleum for the top but I now think I will roll Blackjack #57 on top of the sub floor to water proof it. I plan on using sand for the bedding.
I'm looking for any advise, thoughts, and tips. Thanks!!

You want the 'water proofing' on the top layer IMO.
I used HC then a single sheet of heavy duty foam backed vinyl then pine shavings.
The HC was probably overkill, but it's held up well for 4 years now.

Do you have rodents chewing thru the floor?

You want the 'water proofing' on the top layer IMO.
I used HC then a single sheet of heavy duty foam backed vinyl then pine shavings.
The HC was probably overkill, but it's held up well for 4 years now.

Do you have rodents chewing thru the floor?
There is evidence of mice from dropping I found in the building this spring. I used it for storage of wood projects and I had poison in the building and there were several carcasses as well.
Can you please tell me what HC and IMO are :)

n top of that I will place 2" Insulfoam foam board insulation and top it with tongue and groove sub floor.
Is this a walk in coop? How are you going to attach the tongue and grove sub floor over 2" foam board?
Black Jack 57 is great stuff and holds up well. I did my 8 x 12 floor and about 12" up the wall. Turn the can upside down a day or two before you apply it and it will be easier to stir. I use wood shavings inside my coop.

Back
Top Bottom