flooring in coop

frankenchick

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 20, 2007
Benton Twp., Michigan
Last summer, I put down vinyl flooring remnants in the coop. DH didn't get them glued down, and now the underside is gross because litter got under it over the winter.

I'm going to do a thorough clean out, including flooring, and I need to know

What kind of glue should I use and how long does it take to dry on a mid-70s deg. day?

Or should I just use porch paint or something? The floor is particle board, so I need to keep out moisture.

Home Depot or Lowes can tell you what to use for your linoleum.

I have one edge where mine is coming up and I'm going to have to clean it and get some more glue.

Honestly, I just staplegun (thoroughly!) all around the edge, then screw down a wood trim strip all the way 'round. You could caulk under/behind the trim strip if you were really worried, but I don't (just make sure the caulk is not exposed - it should all stay behind the trim).

I do it this way b/c my floors were originally done this way when the bldg was a dog breeding/boarding kennel (indoor parts of dog runs) and survived at least 15 years of regular hosing off without rotting the plywood underneath. So I figure it must not be TOO bad a method
tongue.png

Good luck and have fun,

Pat

Back
Top Bottom