Florida Always Sunny Side up Chicken Swap. UPDATE

It was nice hanging out and eatin' with you ladies. You must post the recipe to that corn salad! AWESOME! Thanks Maye and Reed for taking my roosters! I think I'll just grow out the chicks that didn't get sold. I'm done with swaps until the fall. Too dang HOT.

Just thought I'd share this pic of the Welsummer hen I used to have. @#$% bobcat.

Maye, I've decided to hatch those eggs
hide.gif
But you knew I would you enabler.
lau.gif

I had a great time talking chickens with everyone. Sorry we couldn't stay later, but we had a wonderful time seeing Bok Tower. Emma loves her new bunny, thank you Cloverdale farms!

Just thought I'd share this pic of the Welsummer hen I used to have.    @#$% bobcat.

Maye,      I've decided to hatch those eggs     :oops:        But you knew I would you enabler.       :lau

Hi Ingrid,
Thank-you for being such a gracious hostess. Loved the tour of your horse barn turned 6 coop chicken haven. Sure did give me some new ideals for my barn. I filled every crate I took with me and was looking for more. I love my new Welsummer babies. Cloverdale farm (sorry so many people cannot remember all the names) DH has claimed the new BLRW roo and the blue hen we got for him. Patty thank- you so much for the new boys, they will be joining the bachelor's band after a bit. DH thinks your NN boy is cool, so he is safe from FreezerCamp. Asked what his name is, I cannot remember.

Missie,
A big Thank-you for bringing your grill, boy that baby can cook. Your corn salad is to die for. I want the secret recipe for it. All the ones who left before the food really lost out. The potato salad was great, want that one too. It was really great meeting all the chicken fokes. Sorry I cannot remember everyone's name. It was well worth the drive to me.

Thank-you all again,

Maye

PS. Ingrid I have hatched 2 sets of the FBCMaran over Welsummers so far and am really liking what I have. Can't wait to see what the eggs look like. Maybe a deep Terra Cotta with a hint of Chocolate??? I am glad you are hatching them. Let me know what you get.

Last edited:
Maye-- I am so happy your DH likes him. It was hard to let him go. I call him Whitford because he was Whitney until about a month ago when those tail feathers popped out and he began helping himself to the ladies.... But, you can call him whatever you'd like. He is the only chicken I've ever owned that purposely hopped on my lap just to hang with me for a moment.
baby pics:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/image/view/id/4960424/album/6164116

Last edited:
Thank you Anderson I already have Jim Heist sending me eggs. Fla rocky did you get my welsummers and blue hen?

Yes, I did.... I got the BLRW Roo that was @ the swap,so had to get him the blue girl. The Wellies are doing great, fitting in with the other young ones. Can't wait til they grow up. It was nice meeting you. Where is it that you live? And what all breeds do you have?

Thank-you again,

Maye

Back
Top Bottom