FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hey Everybody!
ya.gif

I will be doing Countryside Organics feed deliveries in Pasco county TOMORROW if anyone is in need! Chick starter and layer are now $40 and scratch is $35. FREE DELIVERY!!!
I will be in Pinellas on Tuesday. Hillsborough is daily!

Thanks!
Dacia

Feel free to PM, call or text!

Last edited:
I live in Ocala - silver springs area and i have two roosters i need to get rid off :( one is a cream leg bar and the other is a mille fleur d'uccle they will be for free to the people on here please send me a message is your interested they both are about 4 to 3 months old

Last edited:
My friend is starting a forum and would like some people to join and get it started !!! they have a lot of great ideas and things over there so if you want hope on over and start some nice conversations and read what they are about she is located in citra took me a min to see where to sign up its in the upper right hand corner:) thanks!!!!

http://thebackyardfarmerscoop.ning.com/

I have
My three may wander out a bit, but mainly they go under cover to wait out the rain. Half of their area is tarped over. This weekend I am picking up plywood to make a proper roof, as the tarp serves as an out door bathtub after the rain! I thought I could pull it taut and prevent that...lesson learned...i have to get under it and push it up to empty it after every rain.:rolleyes:

I have learned my tarp does this too. I go out in the heavy rain to relieve the tarp so it doesn't stretch my wire out with the weight. I'm hoping to get another layer so I'll be expanding the run anyhow. Hubby is against building with wood in FL. Working on an alternative plan.

Smart hubby! My mom just found out her porch made from cyprus wood had some kind of termite. Between them, the mason bees, and the carpenter ants, I can't believe there is any wood left in FL! I have termites eating a living cedar tree! I would prefer fiberglass roofing, but the plywood is free and free is good!

Went to the L Cross Auction.. and I got $8 - $9 each for my roos.. better
than i expected.

Great!

I took some young roos there about 5pm, and told them to mail me the payment. They were only 3 weeks old though. Mine were the 4 chicks in cage #44 - but I doubt you could remember those out of all the other birds!

If I was to stay for the small animal auction, I'm afraid I would take home a rabbit!

Great!

I took some young roos there about 5pm, and told them to mail me the payment. They were only 3 weeks old though. Mine were the 4 chicks in cage #44 - but I doubt you could remember those out of all the other birds!

If I was to stay for the small animal auction, I'm afraid I would take home a rabbit!

I saw a lovely angora bunny sell for $4.00!!!!!!!

I also saw a 5 yr old quarter horse sell for $10.00!!!!! and another for $40.00!!!

We stayed because the folks i was with had a couple of goats to sell, and a minature bull to buy!!!

I too took four 6 week olds that sold for $2.00 each. My Roo's did well because they were BIG, and
several people checked them out while we were unloading and said they were nice. Made me feel good :)!

It was worth it but it is a LONG hike, we left after the chickens and i got home around 2:30am it's about 2 1/2 hrs from my house.
It is worth doing it as long as I have a real need to sell, or alot to sell. I'm thinking a quarterly trip might be enough, maybe even
every 4 mos.

Last edited:
Well family just voted down the rooster idea, As luck would have it, our third 'pullet' hasb in fact turned out to be a cockerel... I'm sorry but I don't think I'll be able to accept this cutie.
Well your the first one to show interest so let me know i can hold him for you!! He is soooo funny we play rooster or chicken noises on our phone he will make cute noises he makes us laugh :) 

Back
Top Bottom