FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I have 24 Wheaten marans

I have 24 Wheaten Marans in the incubator due to hatch on tomorrow. Two hatched last night and 4 hatched this morning! I don't even have the brooder cleaned out and set up yet!

Runaway,
is it possible to sex a Lav Orp chick ?

i had trouble sexing the lav Orps... i swear that my two roosters were the girliest roosters ever, it took a long time for them to show their true identities.

i have a friend who says that orpingon boys have a little tail and the girls don't, but i can't say that i have checked this out.

I can spot the marans really quick but the orpingtons are much more difficult. (actually i have more trouble with the BTB's and Wheaten marans than the BCM's)

Wanna trade 2 fer 2 ?
big_smile.png

Good morning! Newbie BYC owner here in Tallahassee. Glad to see so many Floridians have a similar "attraction" (or should I say "obsession"?) to chickens. I have been reading chicken magazines for about two years, and I held off as long as I could. This past Monday, I succumbed and bought 10 babies between 1 and 2 weeks old. Bought a used coop and run and am remodeling. For the money I've spent so far, I should have just built one from scratch! I'm sure these babies are worth every penny.

Good morning! Newbie BYC owner here in Tallahassee. Glad to see so many Floridians have a similar "attraction" (or should I say "obsession"?) to chickens. I have been reading chicken magazines for about two years, and I held off as long as I could. This past Monday, I succumbed and bought 10 babies between 1 and 2 weeks old. Bought a used coop and run and am remodeling. For the money I've spent so far, I should have just built one from scratch! I'm sure these babies are worth every penny.
welcome-byc.gif
Chickens are quite addictive. 10 chicks now will be 20 chicks next year. I started out with 6 many many years ago until I ended up with around 400. My DH told me I had to get rid of some so I guess you could call me a chicken hoarder. I did sell off a few at a time and am now down to around 130, but I have some new chicks recently hatched out and more hatched yesterday and more hatching next week. Now I am only hatching breeds that I plan on showing at poultry shows. Good luck and have fun...
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom