FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Black Australorps

Disqualifications
More than one-half inch of positive white in any part of surface plumage, or two or more feathers tipped or edged with positive white. Pp. 106 American Standard of Perfection 2010.

I can only go by the ones I had, but mine had some white on them when they were chicks: This is one of mine when she was full grown:
Yours is what I've been seeing in other pictures. The breeders girls and rooster all look like they should but what he gave me just looks odd. Still a very quiet docile bird, minus trying to eat my clothes everyday

LOVE THE COOP!!
1f495.png
1f495.png
1f495.png

Katherine from Homestead/Miami area!! Anyone in SFLA????? Just starting out with my flock & excited to meet fellow Floridian chicken folks!

This is a pair at 1 or 2 days old, under a red tinted heat lamp in their brooder box.
Notice the solid black eyes, the slate gray on the legs, and pink on the feet.

This is what they tend to look like at about a week old.
Again, notice the eyes, legs, and feet.

This is them at about 5-6 weeks old.
As they feather in, they lose the white. You can plainly see the difference between the cockerel, and pullet.

Shade and water are the most important for the summer months. I have planted trees in all of my pens. All of the pens have shade/rain tables for the birds to get under and they do use them.
Thanks to everyone. I designed the coop with maximum shade in mind. Three sides of the coop are 100% open with only welded wire. The nesting boxes close the rear section. The entire coop is under shade 100% of the day. I have noticed that the ladies are drinking a substantial amount of water. I saw an igloo cooler that had been converted with watering nipples so I think that is the next set of Home Depot runs.

Soo excited, got one coop painted and built, with one more and the run to go. Decided on the name for the coop too - The Too Sweet Retreat (as all the chicks are named after candy). Also installed a small roost in my brooder box and a water bottle nipple waterer. Little Red Hot has already found her new spot! The others still havent quite decided what they think of the roost yet.

Back
Top Bottom