FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I don't know rare breeds very well but I think this is the ultra rare Sumatran Barking Chickens. It's a rooster and you can tell by the erect tail
gig.gif
I almost choked on my coffee reading this!!
lau.gif
clap.gif

My Red Star laid her first 2 eggs monday! she pecked one but we saved the other. Then yesterday she laid FOUR eggs. FOUR in one day from one hen on her second day laying! I was amazed but also concerned, is this normal for a hen just starting? Can this production rate harm her? Here are the 4 from yesterday

and here is all 5 together

?Question - when does a Rooster realize he is a Rooster other than crowing and cock-of-the-barnyard type behavior? He has not figured out what he is supposed to do with the hens. Two of my hens are laying, am waiting for the third one to start. They are all 6 months old.

My Red Star laid her first 2 eggs monday! she pecked one but we saved the other. Then yesterday she laid FOUR eggs. FOUR in one day from one hen on her second day laying! I was amazed but also concerned, is this normal for a hen just starting? Can this production rate harm her? Here are the 4 from yesterday

and here is all 5 together

If one of your birds layed 4 eggs in one day, that should be in Guinness World Records. Did you actually see one bird lay 4 eggs? Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom