FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

My hen basically demand that I give them water to play in! Every time I walk past the hose which is right by their coop they start screaming and bagawking at me until I stick the hose in there and fill half the place up, then they just run around like kids at a water park splashing and having fun
gig.gif
It's so fun to watch!
I need to start turning the water on for my hens.

I am in the Jacksonville area, and looking for some Dominques?? Also some purebred BBS Ameraucana possibly. Does anyone in the nearby area have some or know someone that does? Thanks so much.

I am in the Jacksonville area, and looking for some Dominques?? Also some purebred BBS Ameraucana possibly. Does anyone in the nearby area have some or know someone that does? Thanks so much.
Try Standard Feed and Seed on 1236 Kings rd, It's downtown jax. Just be sure you are very much aware of what the chicks you want look like, they got mine mixed up (Though that's the first time it's happened.)
They have Ameraucanas coming in on the 24th and sometimes they'll special order for you! The older gentleman there is very helpful and that's always where I get my feed. They've just about everything there and it's a local owned business!
Check out their chick schedule http://standardfeedandseed.com/page6/

Quote:
As far as the purebred BBS Ameraucana, I do not know as some people do market their birds as pure but some aren't. You would have to seek out a reputable breeder. Here is a list of breeders from all states. Pure birds are referred to as "standard bred" which means they are bred to the American Poultry Association Standard of Perfection. http://ameraucanaalliance.org/DnLd/Directory.pdf

As far as the Dominques, they will most likely be hatchery chicks and not from a breeder. You will have to search for a breeder and I would start with looking for a club for Dominques. With hatchery chicks they do not selective breed their parent stock. It is just a barn full of males and females.

Last edited:
Thank you both very much, I have been looking and just can,t find Dom's anywhere here. I can find tons of Ameraucanas, lol til I show up and that's not what they are. They are just Easter Eggers. Which I do not have a problem with, I even have some. I just love the Ams. I will look thru the list of breeders and see what I can find. Thanks again.

Thank you both very much, I have been looking and just can,t find Dom's anywhere here. I can find tons of Ameraucanas, lol til I show up and that's not what they are. They are just Easter Eggers. Which I do not have a problem with, I even have some. I just love the Ams. I will look thru the list of breeders and see what I can find. Thanks again.
Standard Feed orders all their chicks from either MyPetChicken.com or Meyer Hatchery, can't remember which. I go through them rather than ordering online because that way I don't have to pay for shipping myself and if I just want to pick up 2-3 chicks I can, plus I don't have to sit, wait and worry about how they are doing with the mail system. I just go, browse and choose ^.^

Eight acres farm in Gainesville has lavender Ameraucana roos for $7, pick up only. Google them, then click " more info". And then "available for sale". Not sure if you wanted a roo - Maybe if you call her she will have pullets?

Back
Top Bottom