FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I am in North Florida in the path of Hermine. I have open coops no walls just wire.... any suggestions. I am concerned. We will have 70MPH winds beginning around 2200. I put a tarp on one wall. The wall facing the approaching storm. Is this a bad idea? Appreciate any thoughts.

Redbanks- Yes imo its not a good idea, since the winds will in return either collapse their coop or just tear the tarp n move the coop. It's just risky. All this bad weather will equal sick birds.
If it were my flock, I would be bringing them in my garage or shed/barn in a make shift area. Just to minimize the risk of them catching pneumonia or some other illness, or injury from the shelter or flying debris.
I'm sorry it's heading your way :6
I hope you weather the storm well. My best thoughts are with you

Last edited:
Hope everyone manages the storm well we just have downed trees here and lots of limbs and moderately heavy flooding. We are in Sarasota. Wind speeds were picking up here but nothing like they're going to be up north hope you all are preventive poultry prepared stay safe

I am in North Florida in the path of Hermine. I have open coops no walls just wire.... any suggestions. I am concerned. We will have 70MPH winds beginning around 2200. I put a tarp on one wall. The wall facing the approaching storm. Is this a bad idea? Appreciate any thoughts.

I would have too. I put tarps on two of my open coops. At least the feed will stay dry so far.

Quote: Thanks Cmom.... as usual you come thru for me. Locals all told me the tarps were a bad idea but they are not chicken people. I knew tarps were a better idea than wet chickens in a high wind. All my best to you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom