FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Yeah its nice when you got them in a program....so to speak. Like tonight, went to pick my boy up round 5:30 after his rotc thing and halfway there the clouds let loose.
Get back home and while I was out, because it was time to do it, head hen Jeanie had everyone in. So even though it poured down buckets while I was being taxi-dad...everyone was dry and safe.

With that amount of birds a program is a must. Lol and the payoff is time with the family

Quote: I am an old retired lady and it is my hobby. I also show some of my birds at poultry shows. I enjoy it. It's a labor of love. As long as I can afford to feed the birds. This is the rough time of year because I'm feeding many non-producing birds (the juveniles). I go through 400 plus pounds of feed each week. I have been doing this a long time. I had my first flock around 50 years ago.

Last edited:
Just a friendly monthly reminder for the Crystal River Mall Rural King Farm Swap this Saturday, August 27th. Come join us for a day of talking, swapping and selling poultry and small livestock, etc. Swap stories and information. Maybe you have some chickens you need to re-home, rabbits, goats, a calf, pigs, turkeys, geese, ducks, horses, used tack, eating eggs or hatching eggs to sell? How about some pieces of old farm equipment, a small tractor, harrow or what have you. Maybe you have plants and trees. What are you going to do? Bring them on down to the Farm Swaps. We suggest vendors bring either a canopy or umbrella, there are some shaded areas, some open areas. These are farm swaps only so PLEASE we ask that there are no flea market or garage sale items. Tell your neighbors, tell your friends, heck we don't care if you tell your enemies. Meet us for a beautiful day of buying, selling or swapping your farm related wares. As Always, No Fees! Come join us for our Monthly Farm Swaps.

I will be at the Crystal River Mall Rural King Farm Swap this Saturday August 27th. I will be bringing some pullets that have not started to lay yet and some egg turners that will fit styrofoam incubators in unopened boxes as well as some small cages.

Last edited:
3 out of my 6 girls are laying!!!
Left is from my Golden Sexlink, middle is from my Black Jersey Giant, and the right is from my EE
1f601.png

The Crystal River Mall Rural King Farm Swap tomorrow Saturday, August 27th. Hope to see some BYC members. The more the merrier.
frow.gif
yippiechickie.gif
highfive.gif

Barking! Yes, that's right, my chicken was barking this morning. My only EE was on the roost this morning barking and I thought it was a dog. Now the four chickens I have left are all pullets including the EE -she was actually the first to start laying but my BR is the one that normally makes all the commotion. I thought a stray dog had jumped the fence and was barking at my girls until I went outside and realized it was her.
It is actually pretty comical so if she does it again I will try and catch it on video !!

Back
Top Bottom