FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

So this happened. My girl feather duster lol.
Then had to chase my girl gyspsie around the yard after her pecking my ankle and running off with her wings out yelling at me lol

Sometimes my babies do not want to go back in their walk-in coop, so I will put some bread inside. They will do anything for bread!! When I first put my chickens in the coop, I kept them in there for two weeks and then stated to let them out to play. After the two weeks, they knew that was there home to go back to. I let them out about two hours a day, but I am always there with them. Too many animals out there that would hurt my chickens. I give my birds grapes, strawberries, blueberries, greens, corn, bread, rice and bird seed. I just give them a small amount of goodies a day, so they eat mostly feed. You have a pretty chicken.

Sometimes my babies do not want to go back in their walk-in coop, so I will put some bread inside.  They will do anything for bread!!  When I first put my chickens in the coop, I kept them in there for two weeks and then stated to let them out to play. After the two weeks, they knew that was there home to go back to.  I let them out about two hours a day, but I am always there with them.  Too many animals out there that would hurt my chickens.  I give my birds grapes, strawberries, blueberries, greens, corn, bread, rice and bird seed.  I just give them a small amount of goodies a day, so they eat mostly feed.  You have a pretty chicken.

Yeah she's one of three. We play with them same time every day they know where home aka the coop is but have one spot the like to dig in and looks like they are trying to dig a tunnel out lol

I'm from Citrus County. New to chickens and super excited.
welcome-byc.gif
We have some area farm swaps, stop by and say hi sometime.

Quote: @britbrit88
welcome-byc.gif

One thing I do (but I hatch out all of my birds) is at first they have a heat lamp on 24/7 for the first couple of weeks. When I put then in the grow-out coop I have a light on in there that is on all night long. They get used to the light and sometimes with some treats at first, they go into the coop at night. The younger birds I do shut into the coops at night but when they get older they go out into the outer coops and pens. I don't close the pop doors to those coops but when they go out there they sometimes don't want to go into the new coop at night at fiurst but I don't worry because my pens (runs) are covered and I have electric wire around my coops and pens so predators don't get in. I have heard probably coyotes touch the electric wire and they don't come back to test it again.

Hi fellow Floridians! I am new to BYC, but am interested in hatching Quail in my South Florida condo. I mainly want the hatching experience but may keep a couple hens for eggs. My biggest problem is how to ethically deal with extra birds should I get more then I can handle. Anyone willing to take extras off my hands? If you are, just tell me which kind of quail you prefer I hatch and I will order the right kind of eggs...thanks

Back
Top Bottom