FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hello!! Anyone interested in some LF Buff Laced Brahma hatching eggs? I had someone want their eggs at a later date so I have eggs to ship tomorrow. They're $55 for 1 dozen+. This is including shipping, which I usually charge $15 more for. PM me if interested. Thanks!!

Hi. Central Floridian new to owning and raising chickens and ducks. We acquired our birds from my husband's brother. Our set up isn't ideal but we're working on it and making use of the 8 stall horse barn that is in the property. Still have a lot that I would like to be done but takes time and money.Definitely a learning experience for the whole family and help teach my 3 and 4 yr old about responsibility

Can somebody please contact me and I will give you my number. My baby chicks keep dying and I can't figure out what is wrong!!!

Hi fellow Floridians! I am new to BYC, but am interested in hatching Quail in my South Florida condo. I mainly want the hatching experience but may keep a couple hens for eggs. My biggest problem is how to ethically deal with extra birds should I get more then I can handle. Anyone willing to take extras off my hands? If you are, just tell me which kind of quail you prefer I hatch and I will order the right kind of eggs...thanks
If you like to have quail you should check out button quail they are a extra small bird don't take up lost of room and are a blast to watch

Hey floridians!!! I'm also in NW Florida. Santa Rosa county is my home. Land of the cotton farmers! I'm brand spanking new to chickens and am very excited about this experience. I have wanted them for years. There's a rumor that chickens are the gateway drug to farming. And I hope so. Maybe I can convince my husband to move off the grid out in the sticks (more than we are now) and we can have goats and horses and cows and maybe even a rescue house.

[
quote name="sally585" url="/t/305793/florida-always-sunny-side-up/18390#post_18200079"]Hey floridians!!! I'm also in NW Florida. Santa Rosa county is my home. Land of the cotton farmers! I'm brand spanking new to chickens and am very excited about this experience. I have wanted them for years. There's a rumor that chickens are the gateway drug to farming. And I hope so. Maybe I can convince my husband to move off the grid out in the sticks (more than we are now) and we can have goats and horses and cows and maybe even a rescue house.[/quote]
Welcome to the group and happy addictions! You will love it here great discussions super knowledge and lots of advice and help you will find in the forums. And the people are amazing here

Can somebody please contact me and I will give you my number. My baby chicks keep dying and I can't figure out what is wrong!!!

How are you keeping them? What is your brooder like? Can you post pictures of your setup? What are you feeding them. If they died it may be Coccidiosis, a highly contagious disease that primarily affects chicks between the ages of 10 days to 8 weeks. Most birds have established a resistance to it and It is treatable. Many chick starter feeds (medicated) come with a coccidiostat in them. The most common drugs to treat this is Corid and Sulmet. Both are used in the chicks water (not at the same time) at 2 tablespoons per gallon for a period of 5 day to all of the chicks whether they show symptoms or not. Also you can get some electrolytes with vitamins such as Save-a-Chick. Just some thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom