FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

@lilwildrabbit oh, yeah. Maybe I wasn't clear. I want to build it up in the run so they aren't scratching near the base of the coop. I have some extra sand on our lot I plan to relicate into the run.

Last edited:
I put some hardware cloth around the bottoms of my coops. I don't how much sand you want to put in it but it will get scratched up and moved around by the birds. They are great excavators. Do you have any pictures you could post?
photosmile.gif

Last edited:
Because of our warm winters I took the flooring out under the roost replaced it with chicken wire so the poop would fall through onto the ground under the coop easier to clean and supplies ventilation if it gets cold I can place a tarp on the bottom to hold out the cold I actually built a wagon that goes under it so the poop don't have to be shoveled out just pulled out bagged and my neibours love it for the gardens and flower beds

It's the run I was specifically asking about. Not the coop but I do plan to use sand in our coop as well, it will have a solid floor. There are in progress pictures of our swing set coop/run in the coop design forum. But it's still just framed out so not very interesting. The thread is titled Sunnydale. This is only part of our set up as we plan on setting up a larger fenced chicken "yard", if you will.

we were talking about your run I didn't know what for a coop you had or were building I just wanted to comment about using the poop as a fertilizer because birds poop more while roosting then they usually do all day

Back
Top Bottom