FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Years ago I used to drive to Jacksonville for a farm swap which is a 2 hour drive over. A nice ride.
That feed store is no longer there where they used to have swap meets. It has been turned into a small church. As a matter of fact, I dont know of any swap meets anywhere in Jacksonville. I have seen one or two people selling birds at TSC on New Kings Rd on occasion, on Saturdays. Then there is some guy that sells birds at a farmers market on Beaver St. on the weekends. I wouldnt buy his birds.

Hello everyone new here! I'm an avid bird lover trying to fulfill my dream of owning a few hens. Unfortunately we live in a residential neighborhood in Port Richey zip code 34668. We have close neighbors as in like 50 to 75 ft from our backyard. I can't seem to find actual current laws for our county with such close by neighbors. We already have doves, finches, button quail, and lovebirds but I've always loved chickens and didn't know if I could get away with having two to three hens. Any help would be appreciated!

I just moved from that area a year and a half ago. My landlord wouldn't allow it, so I never looked into it. I do know there is at least one thread on this website that covers that. If I can find it I will let you know.

We have a store called rural king only 15 minutes north of us that sells the most adorable little chicks. I especially love the bantams and seramas especially due to our backyard just being of normal backyard size in a residential neighborhood. I'm so hoping to find out we can have them. We do have a screened in porch I could make an enclosure on and then set them out during the day but obviously I want to be within proper law because i would be devastated if I got them and had to rehome them.

Thank you! It shows someone in nNe Port Richey that says they have some and they are allowed. I guess my best bet is to try and call up the county and specifically ask that way I'm positive just in case I have a neighbor complain. No one has said anything about my other birds I have but I know sometimes hens can get a little noisy especially when laying!

Back
Top Bottom