FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hi, nice to meet ya! Tell us about your flock? ☺ I can't be the only one who loves hearing stories and seeing pictures!!

Oh I love to talk about my babies.. Welp I have 4 .One RIR 2.5 ,Dorothy AKA Big Red Meanie, Big Dor, Lucy 2.5.Mixed gal. Aka Louuu.Two of the cutest BR's ever 3month olds Dottie,Dot and Wynona,Nonie 💕
IMG_3232.jpg
IMG_3095.jpg
IMG_3113.jpg

Last edited:
Since I'm chatting.. here's a couple pics of my kiddos. 8 weeks today! 💕 I truly had no idea what all the fuss was about, but they make everything else melt away with their ridiculousness.

IMG_20201031_125558_805.jpg

One of the Wendys (I can't tell 3 of the 4 SLWs apart) helping Chonx the EE with her leftovers...

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20201030161045850_COVER.jpg

Tallulah, deciding my arm is not a comfortable roost...

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20201024171730046_COVER.jpg

Bull (who used to be a bully but is now the smallest), Shimmie, and Tallulah

Wow, great pics! They're all gorgeous, but I especially love those Silverudds Blues. 😍 Do you have a favorite of the breeds?

I only have Easter Eggers and Silver Laced Wyandottes, but it's amazing how different their personalities are. The SLWs are a little reserved but super-sweet, and the EEs are outgoing and very curious. They're all only 8 weeks old (tomorrow, Happy Birthday, babies!), so I don't have much else to go on yet. ☺

I have many favorites :love they are very different from each other as you've noticed - breed to breed and within breeds. I'm partial to calmness. It's my number one priority after health. Lavender Orpingtons and Araucanas are probably tied in health, calm and color. I love the unique aloofness of the CL which in their own way can be considered calm. The Silverudd's Blue are inquisitive and more active but very friendly. The Blue Barnevelder cockerels are formidable but my pullet is crazy :(I have a free-ranging BCM that has no roo partner right now, she does what and goes where she wants. When she sees me she comes running. Always brings a smile to my face.I pick her up and she is quite talkative. Not sure if it is many favorites or all favorites LOL. :)

I have many favorites :love they are very different from each other as you've noticed - breed to breed and within breeds. I'm partial to calmness. It's my number one priority after health. Lavender Orpingtons and Araucanas are probably tied in health, calm and color. I love the unique aloofness of the CL which in their own way can be considered calm. The Silverudd's Blue are inquisitive and more active but very friendly. The Blue Barnevelder cockerels are formidable but my pullet is crazy :(I have a free-ranging BCM that has no roo partner right now, she does what and goes where she wants. When she sees me she comes running. Always brings a smile to my face.I pick her up and she is quite talkative. Not sure if it is many favorites or all favorites LOL. :)

So awesome that there are different things to love about all of them! Calmness would be a most helpful trait, no doubt.

So awesome that there are different things to love about all of them! Calmness would be a most helpful trait, no doubt.
I've got a little silkie hen that is beyond my favorite chicken. She sets on my foot when she wants me to pick her up. Unties my shoes. Tucks her little head and takes naps in my lap. Talks to me. Expects me to pick her up and put her on the roost at night. I just love that silly bird. She stays snow white and looks like a cotton ball, my original white frizzle is a mud dusting little piggy. She's never clean...lol I luv them chickens!!! Glad to see others enjoy them for silly stuff like I'm ashamed to admit to!
Best wishes,
Wells

I've got a little silkie hen that is beyond my favorite chicken. She sets on my foot when she wants me to pick her up. Unties my shoes. Tucks her little head and takes naps in my lap. Talks to me. Expects me to pick her up and put her on the roost at night. I just love that silly bird. She stays snow white and looks like a cotton ball, my original white frizzle is a mud dusting little piggy. She's never clean...lol I luv them chickens!!! Glad to see others enjoy them for silly stuff like I'm ashamed to admit to!
Best wishes,
Wells

Oh, your silkie sounds adorable with all that personality! Did she get more attention as a chick, or has she always just been like that? Silkies sound like neat birds.

And I have one that's never clean either, like your frizzle.. always has food on her face, dusty feathers. She's a happy one, but not quite the brightest. ;)

Thank goodness for chickens!! 😊

Back
Top Bottom