FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Try rewarding them when they come to you. ie they run up, you pick them up and right then, reward them. that way they'll associate the act of being picked up (and the quiet part being NICE about it !!)with a treat and the should not give you any more grief during that process.

My one monster will jump up to see what's in my hand. Cute at first, annoying after a while, especially when they follow you doing that causing even more of a trip hazard / injury potential !

Aaron

PS tim is out until the weekend, and asking him if he'll take in any more chickens is an act best done in person, that way I can do the puppy dog eyes or whatnot to try to get him to say ok :p

If you find someone else, by all means send them off with them but it'll be probably monday before I have an answer for you one way or another.

Try rewarding them when they come to you. ie they run up, you pick them up and right then, reward them. that way they'll associate the act of being picked up (and the quiet part being NICE about it !!)with a treat and the should not give you any more grief during that process.

My one monster will jump up to see what's in my hand. Cute at first, annoying after a while, especially when they follow you doing that causing even more of a trip hazard / injury potential !

Aaron

PS tim is out until the weekend, and asking him if he'll take in any more chickens is an act best done in person, that way I can do the puppy dog eyes or whatnot to try to get him to say ok :p

If you find someone else, by all means send them off with them but it'll be probably monday before I have an answer for you one way or another.
Thank you! We can try what you have suggested also with the other ladies. :)

Will let you know if we find someone who will be good to them. Have a great weekend!

2 free Olive Egger cockerels. 2.5 months old.
The moms are pure Ameraucana, Isabels so the boys are split for Lavender. Hatched from bright blue eggs with muffs & beards.
Father (not my bird) is from a generational Olive Egger pen with heavy BCM lineage maintained by a serious breeder.

OE 1.JPG

OE4.JPG
OE2.JPG

Anyone want a broody? Would keep but she is driving me nuts with her persistent broodiness. No one is laying in this heat so she's sitting on empty nests.
1 Isabel Ameraucana (real Am) hen. 2 years old. Bright Blue eggs. $30

Attachments

• isabel3.JPG
    isabel3.JPG
    517.5 KB · Views: 1

Aaron

Just a quick follow up. Appreciated your responses! Yesterday we finally found a nice couple to adopt our little guys! They promptly chirped and purred for them, so we are hopeful it will work out well. This couple has hens but no roos on their small farm in a far more rural area, so should be a good fit!

Anyone want a broody? Would keep but she is driving me nuts with her persistent broodiness. No one is laying in this heat so she's sitting on empty nests.
1 Isabel Ameraucana (real Am) hen. 2 years old. Bright Blue eggs. $30
Have you tried breaking her in a dog crate or somewhere she can't sit on nest

Back
Top Bottom