FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Floridachicken1958 Cocoa, Florida
21 assortment of silkies, 7 RIR, 4 Buff Orpington,1 Barred Rock,4 Unknown & 15 EE's. Wild Racoons, Wild Hogs,Wild Rabbits & who knows what else I got. On 10 acres 2 miles east of 95.

Good Morning everyone. Can you please update me on your list. I'm already signed up but I've finally decided on my breeds of choice, LF Buff Cochins, Light Bramhas, Red Shouldered Yokohmas and Cayugas (as soon as I can find some
hit.gif
) I know someone in the Oclaa area has some, I got her card at a swap at J&J Tack a while back, she sold them all in the first 10mins. But I've since lost the card
barnie.gif

Is the next swap on September 3rd at Nava's the closest one? I missed the last one and I'm going through withdrawls.

Well we did it we are more that 400 florida members in this thread, now if we can get every one to post and do a Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Member 500 is going to get a Surprise

imagine if 1/2 the members came to our swat on Sep 03 that would be some king of record

Nava.

Quote:
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
lots of hugs banjo, Wow so sorry to hear about that, and I hope your feeling better too

did you get any little ones from him before he passed?
fl.gif

I live in Melbourne, Florida-in the Suntree/Viera area. I am trying to figure out the best way to handle my children joining the 4-h Poultry club and accomplishing their "project". Our county has great hopes to have wonderful county fairs, where children "show" their animals. Unfortunately, not many people get to show, because the zoning laws are not in favor of agriculture! My children's project is to raise RI Red chicks and each "show" 3 at the county fair. I have called about having these animals temporarily. I was told that I just had to fill out a form for a permit. I was SO excited! But, I wanted to double-check and called a zoning person who went on to explain that we can only have 1 chicken in Brevard County! First of all, isn't that animal abuse? These animals don't thrive alone...secondly, everyone in Brevard County who has more than 1 chicken(and there are many) is out of compliance? Our county uses taxdollars to help with the 4-h activities at the fair(because that's how the county makes money), so aren't they encouraging children to do things illegally-when the law says that they can only have one chicken? It's ABSURD!
So, what do I do? I've heard that you can get a permit for chickens as pets...don't know exactly what that means, or how many you can have-but I'm lost. Who do I call and what should I do? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom