FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nava, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    [​IMG] K9ThorsMom I'm so sorry that happened. With chickens it seems that we live & we learn, and often have to learn the hard way. And Murphy's Law of Chicken Depredation says that it's always your favorite bird that gets taken first. [​IMG] You had a good reason for not moving them, you could have moved them earlier and come home to find that the dog got to them. Hindsight is always 20/20, you did your best at the time knowing what you did then.

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:Thorsmom, I'm sorry. and sunny side up said it perfectly, took the words right out of my mouth. [​IMG]

3. ItsAZOO32

ItsAZOO32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    Quote:So sorry [​IMG]

me too [​IMG] It sucks when bad things happen when you have the best intentions .. I had a silkie youngster drown in my water bin that I had set up for extra water.. it was in a rain storm too.. I guess he just got trapped.. I felt AWFUL.. you did the best you could do.. you have to move on and forgive yourself..

4. ItsAZOO32

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    I have to share this with you guys.. one of my Brahma's laid her first egg yesterday.. and it was THE BIGGEST EGG I have ever seen come from a chicken..

[​IMG]

The other two are there for comparison. They are "normal" sized eggs.. around 45 grams each. The monster egg on the right was a full 3.25oz ... 85grams or so!! WOW!

5. Floridachicken1958

Floridachicken1958 Lost but not forgotten

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Quote:wow good size egg.Kinda like the the hen that laid the golden egg!

6. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Quote:X2 nice first egg! Is this one of the Gil's I am picking up? Oh and check your PM's please Jess.

7. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    K9ThorsMom it happens to us all at one point , but it hurts just as much so sorry for what happened.

I had a broody mama with 17 and ended up with only 8 some drowned some were taken by the Hawk [​IMG]

ItsAZOO32 if CelticOaksFarm changed her mind on that BLRW I'll take her

Ohh and if you don't want that Lav orp I'll take him.

8. ItsAZOO32

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    Quote:X2 nice first egg! Is this one of the Gil's I am picking up? Oh and check your PM's please Jess.

Yep this is one of your girls.. which makes me sad now.. Hopefully the Dark Brahma I am keeping will do as well [​IMG] I don't see any new PM's [​IMG]

9. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl

Ohh I guess you do want them [​IMG] they are beautiful Congratulations!!!!

10. ItsAZOO32

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    Quote:Nava, if he ends up being a boy, he's yours! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by