FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

hugs.gif
K9ThorsMom I'm so sorry that happened. With chickens it seems that we live & we learn, and often have to learn the hard way. And Murphy's Law of Chicken Depredation says that it's always your favorite bird that gets taken first.
sad.png
You had a good reason for not moving them, you could have moved them earlier and come home to find that the dog got to them. Hindsight is always 20/20, you did your best at the time knowing what you did then.

Quote:
So sorry
sad.png

me too
sad.png
It sucks when bad things happen when you have the best intentions .. I had a silkie youngster drown in my water bin that I had set up for extra water.. it was in a rain storm too.. I guess he just got trapped.. I felt AWFUL.. you did the best you could do.. you have to move on and forgive yourself..

I have to share this with you guys.. one of my Brahma's laid her first egg yesterday.. and it was THE BIGGEST EGG I have ever seen come from a chicken..

81805_eggsbig.jpg

The other two are there for comparison. They are "normal" sized eggs.. around 45 grams each. The monster egg on the right was a full 3.25oz ... 85grams or so!! WOW!

K9ThorsMom it happens to us all at one point , but it hurts just as much so sorry for what happened.

I had a broody mama with 17 and ended up with only 8 some drowned some were taken by the Hawk
sad.png

ItsAZOO32 if CelticOaksFarm changed her mind on that BLRW I'll take her

Ohh and if you don't want that Lav orp I'll take him.

Quote:
X2 nice first egg! Is this one of the Gil's I am picking up? Oh and check your PM's please Jess.

Yep this is one of your girls.. which makes me sad now.. Hopefully the Dark Brahma I am keeping will do as well
wink.png
I don't see any new PM's
sad.png

Quote:
X2 nice first egg! Is this one of the Gil's I am picking up? Oh and check your PM's please Jess.

Ohh I guess you do want them
lol.png
they are beautiful Congratulations!!!!

Back
Top Bottom