FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
Now why in the world would you be disappointed in us? We are very nice people that try to help others.
idunno.gif
Sense you asked for more roosters we are trying to find you some more
lau.gif

Last edited:
Not to change the subject but.......Anyone have Araucana eggs for sale??? My recent hatch of shipped eggs is not doing so well. Lost 8 right off the bat. Old eggs or infertile. Had 8 go to lockdown. 2 pipped at the wrong end and drowned very large deformed air cells and they missed pipping them
hu.gif
hit.gif
PM me if you have any. Thanks

Quote:
Don't know of any off hand, but you can look on breed clubs website for breeders in FL,GA,AL for some that would be close for pick up or fast shipping/less handling. Good luck on your search.

Uggh...just a quick update on my first hatch (with shipped eggs also )...17 days ago, 2 of my 10 eggs hatched under a broody silkie mix...babies have been growing well and are hysterical...they were being kept in the outdoor coop with the other chickens but in a seperate dog kennel to make transition to the flock later easier...ive fended off the bigger girls when momma and her 2 babies have been free-ranging, and everything was going well...until yesterday's rains came...i was going to move the kennel into the garage but thought it was too tempting for my ex's dog since they babies are fluttering around...figured they'd be ok in the rain and would probably only get a little wet....well, i didnt check on them last night and went to work...stupid move...got home this morning to a soakingly cold and mad momma hen and one alive wet baby...from what it appears, the other baby (my NN/EE mix) was being kept warm under momma hen and drowned in the water that had accumulated in the crate
sad.png

There was no chance at revival when i found it...i feel like total jerk for not moving them yesterday...momma hen and my remaining baby (OE baby) took to me blow drying them well this morning...that and some organic mealworms i grow seem to have helped....ive since moved their kennel into my livingroom so they will NOT have such a tragedy happen again...funny thing is, the little chick that drowned was one i wasnt going to let hatch, but ended up incubating it anyways and helping the little guy out of its shell...to be honest, of the 2 chicks, this little guy was my favorite...way friendlier than the other...sigh...

Quote:
Don't know of any off hand, but you can look on breed clubs website for breeders in FL,GA,AL for some that would be close for pick up or fast shipping/less handling. Good luck on your search.

And don't feel sorry...we usually have many subjects going at once here!! lol Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom