FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nava, Mar 7, 2010.

1. ItsAZOO32

ItsAZOO32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    Quote:Thanks!! They all three hatched on 4/30 I can even PM you who they came from if you want the history. They should start laying any time. I was told that pure-bred larger birds can take up to 9 months. My dad has a Brahma hatch-mate and she just started laying..

Yes please do send over that info, and yes the large girls take for ever! [​IMG] Hubby has surgery Wednesday morning, and I need to get the quarentine pen set up in the yellow house and bedded down before I can bring them in. Thursday or Friday or even Saturday should be workable if that works for you too.

Sure thing.. Friday or Saturday would work great [​IMG] ALSO.. Just FYI I have also have a pending sale of the the EE mix and Blue Amer. [​IMG]

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Quote:Yes please do send over that info, and yes the large girls take for ever! [​IMG] Hubby has surgery Wednesday morning, and I need to get the quarentine pen set up in the yellow house and bedded down before I can bring them in. Thursday or Friday or even Saturday should be workable if that works for you too.

Sure thing.. Friday or Saturday would work great [​IMG] ALSO.. Just FYI I have also have a pending sale of the the EE mix and Blue Amer. [​IMG]

That's excellent. By the way do your girls have Toy Story 3 on DVD yet?

3. Floridachicken1958

Floridachicken1958 Lost but not forgotten

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Quote:Sure thing.. Friday or Saturday would work great [​IMG] ALSO.. Just FYI I have also have a pending sale of the the EE mix and Blue Amer. [​IMG]

When you said you was standing beside me in the feed store,Did brian happen to make a phone call to ask someone if they had some chickens for sale?If so then that was me he was calling

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  4. ItsAZOO32

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    Quote:Sure thing.. Friday or Saturday would work great [​IMG] ALSO.. Just FYI I have also have a pending sale of the the EE mix and Blue Amer. [​IMG]

Yes they do have 3.. unfortunately Toy Story 1 got broken so I am on the hunt for that one. [​IMG]

5. Floridachicken1958

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Quote:That's excellent. By the way do your girls have Toy Story 3 on DVD yet?

Yes they do have 3.. unfortunately Toy Story 1 got broken so I am on the hunt for that one. [​IMG]

I could send it to you or put it on a disk as a data file.

6. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Personally I would not call the owner back. Let animal control handle it. If they were worried, they would have called YOU back by now. Maybe the dog will be adopted out, after neutering of course, to a family that knows how to care for dogs. [​IMG]

Quote:There are no awful dogs, just awful owners...just saying.... [​IMG]I

LisaAnnW- enjoy your time away! [​IMG]

Speaking of awful owners: I had called the two phone numbers on the dog's tag an hour before animal control, but couldn't reach anyone. Then, of course, we left town a few hours later. When we returned last night there was a message on my answering machine - it had taken the owner five hours to respond, and the person was totally nonchalant: "You called about my dog, Whiskey, running loose, so I'm just returning your call...." Just guessing, but it seems to me this person doesn't think it's a big deal that his large, aggressive, un-neutered dog was terrorizing my street. [​IMG] If my dog was lost for five hours I'd be in a panic!

My husband thinks I should call the owner back and tell him his dog is in the custody of animal control, but as much as I want to be "nice" about the situation, I'm afraid the owner could go ballistic on me even though I had every right to do what I did. If he's smart, I figure he'll find his dog eventually, and I hope the fine hurts his wallet and makes him think twice about letting his dog roam.

Despite it all, we had a great weekend in the Keys. [​IMG]

7. Floridachicken1958

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
  8. kissem37

kissem37 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2011
    Gainesville
    My eggs are here!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Floridachicken1958

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Quote:Uh Oh, You are hooked now Lookout florida. But good luck with your hatching [​IMG] Lookout for these now [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. ItsAZOO32

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    oh man.. I think my only Lavender Orpington that hatched is going to be a roo.. GRR

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by