FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
Ok gotta ask, what is up with all the silkies?

idunno.gif
I dunno... I don't care for them myself, I'd even rather have NNs....
smile.png

Quote:
Ok gotta ask, what is up with all the silkies?

idunno.gif
smile.png

your my new best friend
hugs.gif

yea silkies
smack.gif

Quote:
idunno.gif
smile.png

your my new best friend
hugs.gif

yea silkies
smack.gif

LOL
NN are growing on me. I have 2 NN mixes incubating... hoping at least one will be NN.
fl.gif

the only silkie I've seen that I'd want to own was from IndigoEgg at that Inverness show (I saw you there but we didn't speak). It was a cuckoo color, really nice looking bird. Otherwise, nah, no thanks. But they're still chickens, so it's cool everyone, don't be hatin'
hugs.gif

If you look at the hatching egg auctions, there are an awful lot of silkie eggs offered. I've noticed that over the last few weeks. Why? Possibly the silkies are the only breed laying right now!!!

Quote:
There are no awful dogs, just awful owners...just saying....
idunno.gif
I

LisaAnnW- enjoy your time away!
thumbsup.gif

Speaking of awful owners: I had called the two phone numbers on the dog's tag an hour before animal control, but couldn't reach anyone. Then, of course, we left town a few hours later. When we returned last night there was a message on my answering machine - it had taken the owner five hours to respond, and the person was totally nonchalant: "You called about my dog, Whiskey, running loose, so I'm just returning your call...." Just guessing, but it seems to me this person doesn't think it's a big deal that his large, aggressive, un-neutered dog was terrorizing my street.
barnie.gif
If my dog was lost for five hours I'd be in a panic!

My husband thinks I should call the owner back and tell him his dog is in the custody of animal control, but as much as I want to be "nice" about the situation, I'm afraid the owner could go ballistic on me even though I had every right to do what I did. If he's smart, I figure he'll find his dog eventually, and I hope the fine hurts his wallet and makes him think twice about letting his dog roam.

Despite it all, we had a great weekend in the Keys.
smile.png

Quote:
Cute! It's so nice to see that kind of gentle interaction between kids and animals. By contrast, we ended up taking our favorite house hen with us on our trip this weekend (my eldest has Asperger's and the hen helps calm her). We met up with friends who don't have any pets, and the boy kept "pretending" to kick and harm Peanut. Of course, I intervened. Our chickens like to perch on us too...I think it's great.

Back
Top Bottom