FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nava, Mar 7, 2010.

1. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Quote:Ok gotta ask, what is up with all the silkies?

2. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

[​IMG] I dunno... I don't care for them myself, I'd even rather have NNs.... [​IMG]

3. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl

[​IMG] I dunno... I don't care for them myself, I'd even rather have NNs.... [​IMG]

your my new best friend [​IMG]

yea silkies [​IMG]

4. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Quote:[​IMG] I dunno... I don't care for them myself, I'd even rather have NNs.... [​IMG]

your my new best friend [​IMG]

yea silkies [​IMG]

LOL
    NN are growing on me. I have 2 NN mixes incubating... hoping at least one will be NN. [​IMG]

the only silkie I've seen that I'd want to own was from IndigoEgg at that Inverness show (I saw you there but we didn't speak). It was a cuckoo color, really nice looking bird. Otherwise, nah, no thanks. But they're still chickens, so it's cool everyone, don't be hatin' [​IMG]

5. kissem37

kissem37 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2011
    Gainesville
    For me, its all about my kids- they are totally excited about little fluffball chickens. Especially my 6 year old daughter [​IMG]

6. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    If you look at the hatching egg auctions, there are an awful lot of silkie eggs offered. I've noticed that over the last few weeks. Why? Possibly the silkies are the only breed laying right now!!!

7. LisaAnnW

LisaAnnW Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:There are no awful dogs, just awful owners...just saying.... [​IMG]I

LisaAnnW- enjoy your time away! [​IMG]

Speaking of awful owners: I had called the two phone numbers on the dog's tag an hour before animal control, but couldn't reach anyone. Then, of course, we left town a few hours later. When we returned last night there was a message on my answering machine - it had taken the owner five hours to respond, and the person was totally nonchalant: "You called about my dog, Whiskey, running loose, so I'm just returning your call...." Just guessing, but it seems to me this person doesn't think it's a big deal that his large, aggressive, un-neutered dog was terrorizing my street. [​IMG] If my dog was lost for five hours I'd be in a panic!

My husband thinks I should call the owner back and tell him his dog is in the custody of animal control, but as much as I want to be "nice" about the situation, I'm afraid the owner could go ballistic on me even though I had every right to do what I did. If he's smart, I figure he'll find his dog eventually, and I hope the fine hurts his wallet and makes him think twice about letting his dog roam.

Despite it all, we had a great weekend in the Keys. [​IMG]

8. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] We love to chat about chickens!! [​IMG]

9. carolsaucier

carolsaucier Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    central Florida
    I wonder LisaAnn if the dog owner will even bother to bail his dog out, it seems as if he doesn't care about his animal.

10. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:Cute! It's so nice to see that kind of gentle interaction between kids and animals. By contrast, we ended up taking our favorite house hen with us on our trip this weekend (my eldest has Asperger's and the hen helps calm her). We met up with friends who don't have any pets, and the boy kept "pretending" to kick and harm Peanut. Of course, I intervened. Our chickens like to perch on us too...I think it's great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by