FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hi Everyone! Been really busy lately with the study course (plus homework)I am taking, to work from home for AT&T...it's a long course and pretty intense so I can't come to BYC as much as I did before, but will pop in as often as I can.
Please behave yourselves and try not to foist too many roos on Juan k?
old.gif
after all he has to keep room for more when I finally get some chickens for myself.

Here are two I am pretty sure are boys.. For sale if they are.. (waiting a few more weeks to be sure however)

Serema
81805_serema.jpg

Lav Orp
81805_orp.jpg

They are 4 weeks old... came from breeders.. bought off Ebay

Last edited:
Quote:
still looks like a roo to me, hurry let me come over before some one else takes it for real this time
wink.png

Quote:
still looks like a roo to me, hurry let me come over before some one else takes it for real this time
wink.png

lau.gif
Uh oh.. battle for the Lav Orp..
smile.png
hmm.. cage-fight style or mud wrestling?
lau.gif

Maybe I will have to put up an auction or figure out the best trade for him.. hmm... I am open to suggestions.. and bribery.. LOL (j/k)

Quote:
wink.png

lau.gif
Uh oh.. battle for the Lav Orp..
smile.png
hmm.. cage-fight style or mud wrestling?
lau.gif

Maybe I will have to put up an auction or figure out the best trade for him.. hmm... I am open to suggestions.. and bribery.. LOL (j/k)

Ha! I would win that. Duck eggs and rabbits. Seriously though, Nava can have him, we are setting Lav & black orp eggs.

Thought I would share this posting from Mther Earth News

… Or he did, back in 1918, as this poster illustrates.

Funny how things change, isn’t it? These days, people have to fight and petition and beg and plead in many municipalities to get their government to let them keep a few backyard hens. And even when city leaders permit it, they lay out complicated rules about how many, where and how the birds must be housed. And please! No roosters!

As the poster so rightly points out, two hens per person will keep a family in eggs. The flock will take minimal effort, cost little and provide plenty of enjoyment, because chickens are fun to watch.

City life, with its sirens, alarms, cars with stereos blaring heart-stopping bass throbbing, could do with a little of the natural beauty of a rooster’s sunrise crowing. Suburbs could also benefit.

But a few hens don’t make much noise anyway. So I can’t understand the objections.

If this was sound advice from our national government in 1918, it’s surely good advice today.

This poster might be just the tool you need if you’re trying to persuade your local council or city leaders that you have the right to keep a few hens in your backyard.

Read more: http://www.motherearthnews.com/the-...ants-you-to-raise-chickens.aspx#ixzz1fsxYb6gR

Back
Top Bottom