FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nava, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Floridachicken1958

Floridachicken1958 Lost but not forgotten

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Quote:Someone was giving away a pen the other day on craigslist

I need to watch that more often.. I can never catch those..

Here is a real good deal if you can spare $100 for chickens and coop plus food to go for chickens they are pitching in.All of it for $100.If I had the money and vehicle I would take this deal. http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/grd/2765699715.html

2. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Quote:Gorgeous birds! Wow!

Great news, chicken peeps! The ordinance to allow backyard chickens in unincoorporated areas of Pinellas county passed last night! To celebrate, I am organizing a swap with Lisa, who spearheaded the movement. Some of you may have met her at my first swap. She was the one that brought the petition, and a group of 4H kids. We are looking at January 7th or 28th. Any preference for those of you that are interested in coming? We shoild have an oportunity to plug it on the news this week, and we should have a whole new group of potential chicken buyers!

I don't think the 7th is a good day at all, there's a Poultry show in Lake city and a lot of us will be there, you should come too.

But I can do the 28th God willing

Oh, I had already eliminated the 7th right after I wrote that and then checked the swap thread. Need to do that in reverse order next time. It will be the 28th, so this is your "save the date" notice. It will be held at A) The Pinellas County extension office parking lot; B) An empty lot downtown (a chicken swap in downtown St.Pete [​IMG]); or C) My backyard. So mark your calendars and check the Florida swap thread for details next week. [​IMG]

3. crossgirl

crossgirl Day Dream Believer

Mar 15, 2011
    Lakeland, FL
    Anyone know someone who needs a companion dog? He's not chicken proof. We're working on him and he's getting used to them but I won't have him off leash around them. I picked him up playing in traffic on a busy road thinking for sure he'd escaped from someone. He even smelled freshly bathed! But no one has claimed him. He's housebroken. Still a puppy but I don't know how old. 8-9 months maybe? Very calm. I have three indoor cats that he tries to play with but he's not aggressive towards them, just rough. He isn't aggressive towards my three little dogs, although they're aggressive to him, frequently launching themselves snarling and snapping at his throat. He seems oblivious that they don't want to play. He's not food aggressive, is very relaxed about having his mouth, feet, belly, ears messed with. Knows how to sit and walks fairly well on a leash. He is an indoor dog only. He loves to sleep on the furniture. He's such a great dog he deserves a great home.

[​IMG]

4. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Quote:I don't think the 7th is a good day at all, there's a Poultry show in Lake city and a lot of us will be there, you should come too.

Oh, I had already eliminated the 7th right after I wrote that and then checked the swap thread. Need to do that in reverse order next time. It will be the 28th, so this is your "save the date" notice. It will be held at A) The Pinellas County extension office parking lot; B) An empty lot downtown (a chicken swap in downtown St.Pete [​IMG]); or C) My backyard. So mark your calendars and check the Florida swap thread for details next week. [​IMG]

I say DOWNTOWN let them know that the chickens are here and here to stay.

5. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I don't think the 7th is a good day at all, there's a Poultry show in Lake city and a lot of us will be there, you should come too.

Set it up for Tropicana Field!! I am going to try to be there wherever you decide. ....stan

6. maggiec1951

maggiec1951 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2011
    west central florida
    I just found this thread! Live in Largo and am very interested in attending where ever and whenever. Yeah![​IMG]

7. crossgirl

crossgirl Day Dream Believer

Mar 15, 2011
    Lakeland, FL
    Quote:[​IMG] looking forward to meeting you down the road!

8. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Quote:Welcome!

9. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

[​IMG] from Lake Wales. I lived in Seminole for 12 yrs. You used to be a neighbor.

10. LisaAnnW

LisaAnnW Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] You're in the right place! [​IMG]

Thanks LisaAnn, I see you have a mix of critters too. Mine is slightly different with 7 Bassetts, a rescued Walker Hound, rescued Blue Point Cat, 2 MacCaws, 3 Cockatiels, 4 chickens, a Duck, and whatever else we end up serving as foster parents for from the vet and Humane Society. I'm spending my "vacation time" building a duck park and swimming pool. It's what grammie wanted for Christmas, so that works for me!

Well that seems to me like a great way to spend your vacation time! You have a very lucky duck.

We love all our critters too, whether they're pedigreed or not, orphaned, or brought to us injured...each has their own distinct personality to help keep things interesting at our house.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by