FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nava, Mar 7, 2010.

1. LisaAnnW

LisaAnnW Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:Glad your son is feeling better! We were all sick recently too, which is extra stressful around the holidays. Wonder what Juan is going to do with all the extra roos he's being gifted with...? [​IMG]

2. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:Oh, what a cute picture. A bargain at forty dollars! [​IMG]

3. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] You're in the right place! [​IMG]

4. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Quote:Gorgeous birds! Wow!

Great news, chicken peeps! The ordinance to allow backyard chickens in unincoorporated areas of Pinellas county passed last night! To celebrate, I am organizing a swap with Lisa, who spearheaded the movement. Some of you may have met her at my first swap. She was the one that brought the petition, and a group of 4H kids. We are looking at January 7th or 28th. Any preference for those of you that are interested in coming? We shoild have an oportunity to plug it on the news this week, and we should have a whole new group of potential chicken buyers!

Congratulations on your VICTORY!!!! [​IMG]

Be sure to post the final decided swap date, I'll be there! (don't forget the Florida swap meet thread) [​IMG]
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=241786

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  5. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:Beautiful color, and so fluffy! We have buff colored Orpingtons. My daughter turned her back for a second the other day, and one of the roosters jumped on her favorite Turken hen. My daughter booted the rooster off quickly, but poor Peanut still ended up with a bruised neck. Peanut's just a little thing (hence the name), and our Orpingtons are massive! Our family joke is that Turkens are so pretty the roosters can't resist. [​IMG]

6. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Great news, chicken peeps! The ordinance to allow backyard chickens in unincoorporated areas of Pinellas county passed last night! To celebrate, I am organizing a swap with Lisa, who spearheaded the movement. Some of you may have met her at my first swap. She was the one that brought the petition, and a group of 4H kids. We are looking at January 7th or 28th. Any preference for those of you that are interested in coming? We shoild have an oportunity to plug it on the news this week, and we should have a whole new group of potential chicken buyers!

I would love to come. You are just across the bridge from me and there is nothing in this area, but I am already committted to the Sunshine Classic show in Lake City on the 7th. Count me in if it's on the 28th though!. I would really like to come and bring some birds to sell. ....stan

7. phiferpharm

phiferpharm Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] You're in the right place! [​IMG]

Thanks LisaAnn, I see you have a mix of critters too. Mine is slightly different with 7 Bassetts, a rescued Walker Hound, rescued Blue Point Cat, 2 MacCaws, 3 Cockatiels, 4 chickens, a Duck, and whatever else we end up serving as foster parents for from the vet and Humane Society. I'm spending my "vacation time" building a duck park and swimming pool. It's what grammie wanted for Christmas, so that works for me!

8. carolsaucier

carolsaucier Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    central Florida
    Everyone have a wonderful Christmas and I will be back with the New Year. Going to spend Christmas with my grandchcildren in Virginia

9. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl

I don't think the 7th is a good day at all, there's a Poultry show in Lake city and a lot of us will be there, you should come too.

But I can do the 28th God willing

10. Floridachicken1958

Floridachicken1958 Lost but not forgotten

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Ya'll better be glad I don't have a vehicle. I would take ya'lls business.Just sold 3 RIR's for $30 a piece. [​IMG] The guy down the street wonders how I do it cause he sells birds too

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by