FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hmmm... yes... I started with 11 Amy. Got up to 42..... at least chickens are cheaper than crack!
gig.gif

My boyfriend says "but just as addictive".

LOL. My chicken math equation has two more rules: Chickens that grow up to be the wrong breed (so far three) don't count. Chickens that are the same breed only count as one. For example, I broke down and bought one Buckeye and one Russian Orloff at my swap. How could I resist those breeds?There was one more Buckeye, and when I took the first one and put it in my cage half way accross the yard, they started crying for eachother, even though they both still had Russian friends in the cages with them. After 20 minutes of the two Buckeyes screaming across the yard for eachother, I had to take the second Buckeye. Obviously, they only count as one chicken. It only looks like I have 12 chickens to people who don't know chicken math. Really, I only have 5.
So glad you guys had fun at the swap. It was great to talk chicken with all of you, and I think we had a pretty good turn out. Thanks again for coming out. If I could find the rest of the smily icons, I would put in the one that is waving......

Just click on the icon in the tool bar of the reply box and a pop up will come up with the rest of them. Works for me anyway
old.gif

Last edited:
LOL. My chicken math equation has two more rules: Chickens that grow up to be the wrong breed (so far three) don't count. Chickens that are the same breed only count as one. For example, I broke down and bought one Buckeye and one Russian Orloff at my swap. How could I resist those breeds?There was one more Buckeye, and when I took the first one and put it in my cage half way accross the yard, they started crying for eachother, even though they both still had Russian friends in the cages with them. After 20 minutes of the two Buckeyes screaming across the yard for eachother, I had to take the second Buckeye. Obviously, they only count as one chicken. It only looks like I have 12 chickens to people who don't know chicken math. Really, I only have 5.
So glad you guys had fun at the swap. It was great to talk chicken with all of you, and I think we had a pretty good turn out. Thanks again for coming out. If I could find the rest of the smily icons, I would put in the one that is waving......

yuckyuck.gif
that's some special math!!! I really thought about getting that Russian...ugh, I should have! lol

Out of the clear blue the neighbor lady came over today and gave me 6 fertile emu eggs!!!!!
ep.gif
She thought I might like to hatch them. I have a small DYI bator the size of a ten gallon fish tank and am not set up for eggs that huge. I don't know what to do with them. Help !!
idunno.gif

OMG!!! How crazy is that?! I would totally hatch a few... There are some good pictures I found on an Emu hatching bator set up on here.

Does anyone know how long emu eggs are hatchable??? I would really hate to waste these but I have no intention of raising emus. Full grown they are bigger that I am any can have a heck of a kick. LOL

No idea... I know it takes 55 days or something like that for them to hatch. Ask in the Emu group.. I'm sure someone can tell you. Ask your neighbor if they will take them back after they hatch :)
Also, ask if I can pick a few up on Feb 17th when I come over to Lego Land. LOL (you're close to that right?)

She sold her emus. He picked them up today. She's getting into chickens now cause I sold her 40 baby chicks a few months ago. Lego Land is about 45 min away. I'll see if I can find out how long the eggs are viable.

Back
Top Bottom