1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nava, Mar 7, 2010.

1. crossgirl

crossgirl Day Dream Believer

Mar 15, 2011
    Lakeland, FL
    No, no, emus! You need d'uccle! I'm not far from LegoLand! [​IMG]

2. ItsAZOO32

ItsAZOO32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    LOL... hasn't anyone responded to you yet? :(

3. crossgirl

Mar 15, 2011
    Lakeland, FL
    No one that's actually followed through. I did sell my mutt chicks though and the polish so that's good. Now that the polish are gone, the d'uccle are behaving better. Now I know who was influencing whom.

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    I would gladly take the emu eggs but only for craft reasons. Don't want those giant kicking birds around here.

5. erica.godinez

erica.godinez Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2009
    central florida
    Have A question I have 14 game birds Im am trying to get them a good home, will exchage them for feed, Should i use The sell threads have no idea, how does that work,

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  6. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

OMGoodness, I think my Silchin has gone broody! My first Broody Hen!!! She was in the nest box all day, although she moved from one to another (there were eggs in 3 different boxes) and there were her black feathers in every box, like she tore them out. I had to get all the eggs out of the box and physically move her to the coop tonight. (my egg boxes are not in the coop because they free range all day and are too lazy to walk back to the coop!

I checked her vent to be sure she wasn't just bound up--couldn't feel anything. I guess I'll just see what she does tomorrow?

7. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Broody hens are such fun! Hope she stays the course and broods some babies for you!

8. crossgirl

Mar 15, 2011
    Lakeland, FL
    Wow! You got your wish. Wait til you see how eeeeeeeeeeeasy it is to let someone else do all that fussing over the eggs! [​IMG]

9. LilChickCoop

LilChickCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Central Florida
    I have let my EE who goes broody often raise two sets of chicks this year- it was so easy (at least for the humans) and we never separated her from the flock...

10. hartsfarm

hartsfarm New Egg

Jan 17, 2012
    winter haven , florida
    hartsfarm from winter haven florida new member

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by