FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Carol, congrats! I don't get email updates most of the time either. Figure it's a bug they need to work on after the switch.

He is good, shoulder is doing pretty good, lots of therapy on it every week. I am out of town tonight and return late tomorrow so he is on his own with the kids and critters both. LoL
When I get home I will pull the Emu hatch date. They are scheduled to hatch on. Wednesday I believe and he will pick up that Saturday at the latest.

Last edited:
Hey Floridachicken1958. Just for laughs and giggles I thought you'd like to see how the old boy grew up.

He was crowing at the time.
lau.gif

Wow he is a real nice looking big boy now.Does he fight or he still don't like to fight with other males.All of them never faught while I had them.

Hello I'm in Orlando close to Downtown. I just got a coop build by a nice guy from Palmer Feed. This will be my first time raising chickens. I will start out with one or two. I have a bunch of books and so far they got my nerves up and chasing my own tail. I made up my mind on Orpingtons and hope one day to have a couple of Silkies. I know that my husband will have to force me to come to bed because I will be guarding them 24/7. I just wish my enclosed back-porch had room for them at night. I will plan out something because no one will want me hop up on coffee and no sleep.Lol yup they will sleep on the porch at night. I wish everyone good luck and hopefully I will have pictures of my chic-kids soon.

Hello I'm in Orlando close to Downtown. I just got a coop build by a nice guy from Palmer Feed. This will be my first time raising chickens. I will start out with one or two. I have a bunch of books and so far they got my nerves up and chasing my own tail. I made up my mind on Orpingtons and hope one day to have a couple of Silkies. I know that my husband will have to force me to come to bed because I will be guarding them 24/7. I just wish my enclosed back-porch had room for them at night. I will plan out something because no one will want me hop up on coffee and no sleep.Lol yup they will sleep on the porch at night. I wish everyone good luck and hopefully I will have pictures of my chic-kids soon.

welcome-byc.gif
from Cocoa, Hope you have fun because they are very addicting to all

Welcome from Wesley Chapel, FL!

I am in north west Polk county

I have a few birds left after the bobcat invasion of 2011. I have 7 chickens, 3 turkeys, 5 ducks, 10 duck hatchlings, 1 miserable Chinese gander (he needs a mate) I used to have more birds but they got picked off by a team of bobcats. Now I lock them up tight at night and am trying different ways to rid myself of the predators.

Glad to be part of the forum. Lots of good people here and a wealth of knowledge.

edit: forgot the 16 chicks happy in their new brooder

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom