FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

For those of you close enough to Jupiter, FL (north end of Palm Beach County) there's a potluck picnic of our local Poultry Fanciers' club on Sat Apr 28 at Dubois Park (by the Jupiter lighthouse). We're not having a poultry swap there, but lots of chicken-loving members will gather with our kids & food & fellowship. Go to http://www.PoultryFanciers.com for more information. We're renting the pavillion and you're welcome to join us, bring your floatees & beach towels & some food to share.

I vote to do it as soon as possible, sometime in May before it gets sweltering hot? A cookout sounds good, I can bring a large grill.Put some adds on Craigslist and let's go!! I do think that it needs to be family friendly, so we should not allow 1/2 nekkid chickens........
he.gif
I just can NOT HELP myself.....stan
LOL!

so, I almost ran over to the feed store, because they still have some bantams to see if they have some porcelain D'uccle chicks. THen I remembered, I don't want to hassle with a heat lamp and I dont have a "brooder box" that is standard poodle puppy safe.

Soooooooo sad again :(

HOWEVER if I ordered like 25 chickies from ideal hatchery, maybe it woudl be worth the trouble? LOL!
lau.gif
I don't think my hubs would see it like that....

I have decided not to buy ANY hatchery chicks. I feel like it is buying a dog that comes from a puppy mill or an uneducated backyard breeder who ONLY breeds to make money. I want nice examples of the breeds that come from people who really love the breeds they raise. That's why I am hoping to make it to a swap so I can meet knowledgeable people who have breeds they love!

I show dogs and only breed a litter every 2-3 years , I make no money , usually loose a bunch but I LOVE my Australian Cattle dogs and want to see healthy conformationaly correct dogs that know how to herd available to those who love them. I bet there are chickie breeders that feel the same way!
I will get off my soap box for now, LOL!

welcome-byc.gif
Altamonte Springs. from Lake Wales. You joined at a good time as we are planing a chicken swap. To get back to that subject. I am not restricted on any kind of animal. I am zoned light agriculture. My property used to be a tropical fish farm. That's why all the ponds are here.
You have to be responsible for your own animals. I have power and water in the barn, work shop, carport and tack shack. My well is a agriculture well with a 5 hp. motor and is 300 ft. deep so I have a more than adequate water supply. On the down side I uh...only have 2 bathrooms. LOL I'm looking forward to getting this together.

welcome-byc.gif
Altamonte Springs. from Lake Wales. You joined at a good time as we are planing a chicken swap. To get back to that subject. I am not restricted on any kind of animal. I am zoned light agriculture. My property used to be a tropical fish farm. That's why all the ponds are here.
You have to be responsible for your own animals. I have power and water in the barn, work shop, carport and tack shack. My well is a agriculture well with a 5 hp. motor and is 300 ft. deep so I have a more than adequate water supply. On the down side I uh...only have 2 bathrooms. LOL I'm looking forward to getting this together.

Do you think we could get a couple porta pottys for the day? I would be willing to chip in. I would not want to be overly imposing on your generous hospitality by running in and out of your house. That would be too much, and I would be uncomfortable doing that. On the up side, I now have a place to sell my rinos and elephants???? ..stan

Back
Top Bottom