FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hi there I am new here too.
You will find that it is better to find local breeders to buy from rather than a hatchery. There are many in the area and plenty of swaps to attend if you are lucky enough to have Saturdays off work. I am still looking for a few more chicks myself and I am hoping to find a swap somewhere on a Sunday . You can also post what you are looking for here and look on craigs list.

My goal is to get at least 2 Easter Eggers, 1 Barred Rock, ! Buff Orpington, 1 White Leghorn and 1 Brown Leghorn. I would trade out a couple of the breeds for something else but as of now that is what I would like to start with. I am so excited and CAN"T WAIT to get started with everything!

so, I almost ran over to the feed store, because they still have some bantams to see if they have some porcelain D'uccle chicks. THen I remembered, I don't want to hassle with a heat lamp and I dont have a "brooder box" that is standard poodle puppy safe.

Soooooooo sad again :(
chicknadventure, which feed store? I have a couple of bantam cochin roos that are my best friend's favorites that really need some little girls. They are having some difficulties with my orpingtons.
I bet by next spring you will have that lamp and brooder box.
smile.png

Cindy

welcome-byc.gif
Altamonte Springs. from Lake Wales. You joined at a good time as we are planing a chicken swap. To get back to that subject. I am not restricted on any kind of animal. I am zoned light agriculture. My property used to be a tropical fish farm. That's why all the ponds are here.
You have to be responsible for your own animals. I have power and water in the barn, work shop, carport and tack shack. My well is a agriculture well with a 5 hp. motor and is 300 ft. deep so I have a more than adequate water supply. On the down side I uh...only have 2 bathrooms. LOL I'm looking forward to getting this together.
I went to look at your photos after this post. I wanted to see your property after this description. After seeing the photos, I think it would be great for folks to see your place. You have so many ideas that I want to steal. Borrow? Maybe we can start an annual event, each year at different people's places to glean ideas. I can't imagine what it would be like at my one bathroom house. We would definitely need port-a-potties. Do you have any ducks with all those ponds?

Cindy

chicknadventure, which feed store?  I have a couple of bantam cochin roos that are my best friend's favorites that really need some little girls.  They are having some difficulties with my orpingtons.
I bet by next spring you will have that lamp and brooder box.  :)
Cindy

Its on the southside on 37the i dont remeber the name off schoolhouse. If you find some nice cochins bantam iwill. Buy some off you when they are done with the lamp. I really wantlacendar bad. But sill rake anything that is up tp type

Its on the southside on 37the i dont remeber the name off schoolhouse. If you find some nice cochins bantam iwill. Buy some off you when they are done with the lamp. I really wantlacendar bad. But sill rake anything that is up tp type

Sorry about the atrocious spelljng. Posting from phone! I was sayong that i am thinking i might look spedifically at a bantam cochin flock but i suoer bad emwant lavendar but will take any color if its a good quality bird.

I think we need to have at least 3 weeks advanced notice of when we are having this, so we can advert ice.

some one mentioned to have this annually, I would agree.

so are we thinking maybe next month some time?

Last edited:
stan........Port a potty's are a good idea. Have no idea how much they rent for. But one of my bathrooms is right inside the back door. Elephants and rhinos oh my, are they by any chance pink????

cindy.......I plan on getting ducks as soon as I can predator proof one of them. On my wish list.

Nava........At least 3 wks. But after todays gully washer and the rain coming this weekend, I think the rainy season has started early.

Sorry about the atrocious spelljng. Posting from phone! I was sayong that i am thinking i might look spedifically at a bantam cochin flock but i suoer bad emwant lavendar but will take any color if its a good quality bird.

I thought you had your fingers on the wrong letters on the keyboard.
smile.png
I haven't found any good bantam cochin's around here yet, but I am not too concerned about quality with these guys, just want some with no frizzle in their family. My friend's favorite (don't you hate it when you can't get rid of a bird because a friend who doesn't want chickens gets attached to one), was a poorly bred frizzle, and I am afraid I will get a featherless bird if any more frizzle gets in there. Anyone in the group have any bantam cochins?

Back
Top Bottom