FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hello all! Hailing from the Hialeah, FL (Miami-Dade county) area as a new transplant. Love it here in sunny Florida, and looking forward to hopefully having a small flock of my own!

Hello all! Hailing from the Hialeah, FL (Miami-Dade county) area as a new transplant. Love it here in sunny Florida, and looking forward to hopefully having a small flock of my own!

welcome-byc.gif

Can you explain the materials?  Is it wire & then a tarp? Or are those the clear/green roofing panels on the back & the top? What is on the sides?

ETA: Sorry i didn't see your edit before i replied.  So what is the top made of? Does everyone agree that you need small wire only on the bottom...2? feet. Or 3? feet.
Yes the top is covered in the roofing panels. My first pens are made entirely of hardware cloth on all sides...even the top and then covered. I prefer that. My pens in the back are made of 2x4 wire with the hardware cloth a couple feet up the sides. Here is a pic:
there is one solid wall on the north side.It is made of metal roofing. I have o shamo in there so I put a partition on the back wall so I can pile hay in there up to the roosts. They aren't very fluffy birds.

Welcome aboard neighbor, from Davie/Weston area. New to chickens myself. This BYC website and forum has been very useful to me. You will love it!
xoxo Annmarie

Yes the top is covered in the roofing panels. My first pens are made entirely of hardware cloth on all sides...even the top and then covered. I prefer that. My pens in the back are made of 2x4 wire with the hardware cloth a couple feet up the sides. Here is a pic:
there is one solid wall on the north side.It is made of metal roofing. I have o shamo in there so I put a partition on the back wall so I can pile hay in there up to the roosts. They aren't very fluffy birds.
this one is mine.this is from the side with a piece of solid wall showing. Around the back side is a six foot solid wall and the rest is all hardware. There are actually two pens side by side here with a connecting door. You can see all the way through the other pen in the photo to the right

Nice pens! Exactly what I was thinking of.

Thanks for posting.

this one is mine.this is from the side with a piece of solid wall showing. Around the back side is a six foot solid wall and the rest is all hardware. There are actually two pens side by side here with a connecting door. You can see all the way through the other pen in the photo to the right

Back
Top Bottom