FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Thanks for the great welcome! I will be posting pics as I get time, still working on both the human house and a job
th.gif

We are running RIR and BO chickens. I want to cross them back and forth so I will be raising our own biddys.

I don't have any to post as yet but will soon. We are going the permaculture route with this small farm project. I will have about 3/4 acres to plant and run the chickens on. We haven't decided yet on a couple of pigs or goats. I have about 60 acres in middle GA that I hope to retire to in a few years and want to work the kinks out my plan while I am still working.

I have to say that this is a very welcoming forum. You guys/ladies really try to be helpful and supportive.

Glenwood, between DeLand and DeLeon springs. Down the dirt road at the end. Volusia county.

Jim

Hi Jim. I'm your neighbor. I live South of DeLand just east of Deltona. I have a few EE pullets, RIR pullets, and one barred rock pullet. Also ttrue Araucana chickens, Rouen ducks, guinea fowel and keets, peacock chicks. I love them all.

Have you joined our local Facebook group of chicken addicts? Please join and meet some of your chicken-addicted neighbors.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/chickenaddicted/

I'm trying to get my event calendar set up and was wondering if anyone knows the dates/locations that the FL shows will be. I have polish and silkies that I will be showing. I have the Inverness show as Nov 10, but then found on another board that they changed it to the first Sat of November, which would be Nov 3 (definitely a better date for my schedule).

Michelle

hmm rained out for the 2nd day and sent home,
What to do with extra time 3 pallets and an old army tarp???
.... HEY why not make a small shelter for the big run so when the big and medium sized birds are fully integrated they have plenty of options for shelter with all our rain!!

Looks kind of frankensteinish but it works great
lol.png

Last edited:
I'm trying to get my event calendar set up and was wondering if anyone knows the dates/locations that the FL shows will be. I have polish and silkies that I will be showing. I have the Inverness show as Nov 10, but then found on another board that they changed it to the first Sat of November, which would be Nov 3 (definitely a better date for my schedule).

Michelle
Here's the running list that Cmom maintains:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...da-swaps-sales-shows-events-fairs-georgia-too

Pretty much everything that is coming up for Florida and most of Georgia. She adds or subtracts as events are posted.

Last edited:

Michelle
This year the show is going to be on Nov. 10th. Last year they did change it to the first Sat. but for whatever reason it is scheduled for Nov. 10th this year. I will post the catalog and entry form as soon as they are ready.

Has anyone on here gone to the Lonesome Dove swap around Lakeland? It's this Saturday, the first Sat of every month. I still have 30 chicks to sell, but I don't want to make the drive if it's just a small meet.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing my chicken friends and making new ones, but I've got to be rid of some chicks and gas ain't getting any cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom