FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

BLRNN eggs ready to go in the bator so exited
wee.gif

Yeah,
Try craigslist for a coop. You can find a good one better built for the same price or cheaper.
That worked well for me. I got a used A frame coop for 2-4 hens off Craig's list in great condition. Paid less than $100. We even got the seller to deliver it for $5 extra We pick it up and move it every few days so we don't kill the grass.

A word of warning on those coops. They dont hold up at all here in Florida with the heat and humidity. They are made from cheap thin wood. There have been multiple posts here on BYC about how awful these are and all the money in repairs people have had to make.

Agreed! I've also heard most people have to cover with a tarp, as they are not at all waterproof. Could be a real PIA with the rain we get here in FL.

A word of warning on those coops. They dont hold up at all here in Florida with the heat and humidity. They are made from cheap thin wood. There have been multiple posts here on BYC about how awful these are and all the money in repairs people have had to make.
x2 on this. Might look into having a local handyman build you one for the same or less money, and probably bigger. There is a company or two in Florida that make coops and chicken tractors and they deliver. Better quality.

COLD FRONT 'S A COMIN!!
cold.gif
The southwest is getting reading for a chilly two days. Meanwhile, I'll be traveling to Tallahassee this weekend, I'll wave at you all from I-75

Back
Top Bottom