FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Need help
What is this black stuff on my chickens comb. Was on one hen yesterday now on two today not sure if it was from the four roosters in there picking on her so I put them out.
You really need to post a picture, or a better description. There are a couple of things it could be. What does the black stuff look like? Are they large, small, scabby looking, or do they look like BB sized specks?? Does it cover the entire comb, or is it spotty?? Have you tried to rub it off? ...stan

You really need to post a picture, or a better description. There are a couple of things it could be. What does the black stuff look like? Are they large, small, scabby looking, or do they look like BB sized specks?? Does it cover the entire comb, or is it spotty?? Have you tried to rub it off? ...stan
Hi stan!
frow.gif
How's those cubalayas?

I have a few chicks and cockerels to get rid of.
2 buff leghorn cockerels (3 months old)
1 French Black Copper Maran cockerel (three weeks)
3-4 Salmon Faverolle cockerels (2 months old)
1 mottled LF cochin (1 week old)
3 blue ameruacanas -genetic splits with the silkied feather gene -2 months
2 black ameruacanas -genetic splits with the silkied feather gene -2 months old
1 self blue bantam cochin cockerel -PQ -4 months old
1 black Dutch pullet- 4 months
2 blue Olive Egger chicks - day olds
1 black olive Egger chick - day old
1 black bantam cochin chick - day old

I also have these eggs due to hatch in the next two weeks:
French Black Copper Marans
Olive Eggers (BCM roo over a silver and a blue ameruacana)
Bantam Cochins- black hens (smooth and frizzled feathered) covered by a birchen roo. Female chicks will be black, male chicks will be poorly marked Cochins

I am located in Chiefland. 1 hour west of Gainesville

Pm me for info. Thanks!

Here are some pics
Blue ameruacana carrying silkied gene
5D755A03-1FDF-4EF1-9603-2AB035A277B9-1372-0000026F0DF600B4.jpg

Self blue bantam cochin cockerel - pet quality
6D3D7489-9D1B-4C8C-B6F8-1A3E1A1173EF-1372-0000026F1405FEAA.jpg

Buff leghorn cockerel
447B20A6-24AD-49CD-9630-D627C01F4EBB-1372-0000026F19BE7D8A.jpg

BCM cockerel
E5CF5A05-7893-4320-BD1B-FFE75E3631A2-1372-0000027250F52FA6-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in Central Florida (Bunnell, Daytona North Subdivision, also called the Mondex), I have mostly mixed breed, though I did just get 11 chicks a few weeks ago. I was told they are a Bantam, Aracana, and Rhode Island Reds. Will post pictures when I actually remember to take my camera out there with me! I have one all white rooster (no idea on breed), one mostly gold with black tailfeathers hen, and one RIR hen. (At least we were told she is RIR...) We have a large coop and are going to be building a "nesting shed" as a friend of mine calls it. we also have a pen inside the main coop for keeping moms/chicks separated from the flock until big enough not to get picked on. Chickens are just so fun, and its great to get the eggs. My two boys go get the eggs and race to see who gets to bring them back to the house. :)

I am selling them straight run. I am not sure, honestly, i couldnt twll my other BBS ameruacanas until they where 3-4 months.
I want some silkie Ameruacanas, but don't want to take the chance on straight run right now because I can't really keep a rooster here.I'd end up having to give them up.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom